Clear all

Dead Computer

20 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

drive's in the freezer at the moment .. we'll see what happens tonight :)

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Cool!

Did I actually say that? :?

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@jwishart77)
Estimable Member

Yep - I had a problem with my laptop not booting last year. I stuck the whole thing in the fridge (probably not ideal, should take out the hard drive..) and then it would boot.

Was it a Toshiba? The A series is reknowned for overheating. There's a class action suit over boot/shutdown issues for those.

No, mine is a Compaq Presario....it was kinda my own fault, I had it sitting on a narrow audio amp, but the back two footings of the laptop were hanging off the back of the amp, causing the base of the laptop to lie flat......thus blocking the fans. That, combined with the fact I had it turned on 24/7 probably had something to do with the overheating problem... :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

What are folks suggestions out there?

I'm seriously thinking of making the jump to macs . . . but I don't know how to compare between the mac and pc world.

I agree with the switch to a Mac computer. I've used Apple computers since....hmmm well it would be the early 90's.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Cool!

Did I actually say that? :?

Well the freezer method didn't work.

However, a drop of water condensed on the drive and fell onto the motherboard, and now the damn thing won't power up ... so ....

As soon as I can figure out how I'm going to pay for it it's new computer time. .. and I think I'm sold on the Mac's.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2