Clear all

Decent Preamp

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tuna-melt)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Alright so I was thinking about converting to rackmount and I was looking for a decent preamp. I'm looking for something with alot of gain (even though I might not use ALL of it) good tone, and nice reverb. I'm going to start a black metal band so I need something with alot of ambience and right now I'm tied between a Mesa Boogie and a Voodu (or Vudoo, whatever) online. The tone isn't too terribly big of an issue because I'm planning on buying a Behringer 31 band rackmount EQ. Any suggestions? My main reason for a good preamp is because I'm hoping to get into recording. P.S. my budget is around $700 for the preamp. Thanks for caring!

(@tuna-melt)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Alright so what I'm understanding from just about everybody is that you can't beat Mesa. One problem though, Mesa is unbelievably hard to find (maybe it's just me). Could someone give me a good place to shop for a Mesa Boogie Quad? Or how about the TriAxis? Is it any good? Just about any comments would be helpful. So yeah if anyone has an online Mesa outlet (or even a store), I would be thrilled to hear of it. Thanks again...

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Well, you can go directly to Mesa.

Mesa/Boogie

Click on Dealers at the top to find a dealer near you.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote