Skip to content
Deciding market pri...

Notifications
Clear all

Deciding market price of a electric guitar?

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@eh714)
Topic starter  

I have a Fender Stratocaster. U.S. made. I want to sell it to get money for a new bass. I don't know how much I should sell it for?

(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

What kind of condition is it in?
Is it modified?
What is the year?

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

What is it worth brand new? If I were to go to the local GS, what would they be asking for the guitar? (This ties into the what year is the guitar question)

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

a used guitar, is worth exactly what someone will pay for it and not a cent more... :wink:
look it up on ebay to get an idea. (of course you need to know which guitar to compare it to first)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

And when looking on ebay, make sure to look at closed auctions. Bids usually go up considerably the last few minutes of the auction.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

a used guitar, is worth exactly what someone will pay for it and not a cent more... :wink:
look it up on ebay to get an idea. (of course you need to know which guitar to compare it to first)
+1

You can get a rough idea from ebay, local classified newspaper ads, and from asking at the local music shops. But, no matter what anybody else either got in the past, or is asking for theirs now, the only price that counts is the one that somebody will actually hand over to you today. Selling is an art in itself, and some people are better at attracting buyers and closing deals at favourable prices than others are.

ReplyQuote