Clear all

Deja Vu All Over Again.....

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Finally managed to get hold of a copy of the album......is it just me, or is "Wicked Old Witch" the best new CCR song for about 30 years or so...

Rock on JF!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Doesn't he also do some acoustic work on that lp?

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Doesn't he also do some acoustic work on that lp?

You mean like sing? :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Quite a bit of acoustic stuff, seems JF has mellowed with age - my first impression of the album was "Hmm....a lot of country influences there..." then when I read the credits....Bob Fogerty and Julie Fogerty involved in various ways...and listened to "I will walk with you" (compare to Lennon's "Beautiful Boy")....realised it was a very family-oriented album, the man seems to have settled down and he's writing songs about his family and the things he loves...."Rhubarb Pie" (is that on the menu after Jambalaya for the main course?)

There's a couple of killer rockers though...."Wicked Old Witch" is one, the title track is the other...reminded me of "Run the the Jungle" with its anti-war feeling....

But you don't need me ranting on about what an excellent album it is, you need to go out and buy a copy for yourself/selves....its a real feel-good album, I guarantee it'll bring several smiles to your face....

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote