Deltatone guitars

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
11.8 K Views
(@ejwebb)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Anyone heard of these guitars or know anything about them? I just rented a Deltatone strat copy while my guitar is being repaired. I played several Squiers and a Mexican strat but liked the way this one felt. Since it's just $13 a month and I hope to only need it a week or two I figure I've got nothing to loose.

I searched the net but can't find anything about them... thought it was kind of odd given the proliferation of information these days.

Anyone?

(@timnuoa)

They have a website: http://www.deltatone.net/ and it says they only sell at 30 stores nationwide, and not on the internet.
How is the one you rented? Cuz i'm thinking of buying one of their entry level ones. My music store dude said they were awsome, and great value. It is weird that there is so little info about them. I think it might be because they don't sell over the internet.

ReplyQuote
(@ejwebb)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

They have a website: http://www.deltatone.net/ and it says they only sell at 30 stores nationwide, and not on the internet.
How is the one you rented? Cuz i'm thinking of buying one of their entry level ones. My music store dude said they were awsome, and great value. It is weird that there is so little info about them. I think it might be because they don't sell over the internet.

I really liked the one I played but really haven't been playing long enough to have a real educated opinion... The store where I rented also said they were a great bargain. I liked it a lot better than the Squier Affinity Strat that I rented before that.

ReplyQuote
(@bloodyknuckles6603)

I've played a few of the Deltatone guitars and I gotta say for the price they're great. I bought one for my old roomate and was very impressed by the construction and how solid it was. I bought the 2 humbucker tele copy with the maple neck and fretboard with a trans amber finish. It has a big weed leaf on the body and leaves for the fret markers, all on this came stock on the guitar which I couldn't believe. This particular model has a little bit of a feedback issue but I think that's due to the fact the pickups aren't very well isolated and the bridge pickup is surrounded by a huge metal bridge. I've played a few other models like the t-archtop but with a funky jackson type pointed head stock, and I really liked that one. I also played one that was kinda similar to a strat but with a slimmer body like mustang, and it had 2 humbuckers in it and for $149 new it was awesome. They also make a real nice bass with active electronics I was very impressed with. Bottom line is, I have a nice arsenal of gear in my house including guitars made by Jackson, Gretsch, Dean, a classic '68 Epiphone, ESP not LTD but a real ESP and Les Paul and SG basses, so needless to say I know my gear and the Deltatone guitars are absolutly awesome guitars for the price, as long as the price isn't astronomical. They should range between $119-$179 for the lower entry level stuff and about $189-$249 for thier "higher end" lines. I wouldn't pay a dime more for any of them, but if you stay in those price figures and can tell the difference between the lower and higher end models you'll be in for a great deal on a decent guitar. By the way the guitars themselves are well built, the electronics are ok at best, so swaping out the stock pickups for some after market pickups like Dimarzio, Duncans, Rockfield or EMGs (depending on preference) will make a huge difference and make a $150 guitar sound like a $1000 guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@scottiboy2011)

@timnuoa I would avoid them. They sound and play ok but..... they DO NOT LAST. They are made in China. Ever heard of a Chinese luthier? No cuz they don’t have them. Materials used in ALL Chinese manufacturing is inferior. I know. My father is an engineer and spent his career in manufacturing. Do not buy from China. 

ReplyQuote