Notifications
Clear all

Different Strats?

23 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

22 fret and 24 fret guitars may have the neck pickup at a different location, giving a different tone. It's not unusual for 21 or 22 fret guitars to have the neck pickup right about where the 24th fret would be.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@kopfschmerzen)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone! Sorry for confusing name :) I'm from Moscow, Russia, that means we have almost everything, but everything is 2 times more expensive. :( I travel to Europe and US once in a while, though, and when I'll be ready to buy something, I'll do that abroad. No warranty, but the price is fair.
There are many good guitars in that segment. Go to a store and play as many guitars you can play. Don't be in a hurry. Try the most expensive and also the cheap ones. You must find a guitar that talk to you.

By the way, what do music store personnel usually think about people who come and try and come and try and come and try? :) I will barely buy a thing, but I take time and touch those as-expensive-as-gold guitars... Do they tolerate?
The difference between a 22 frets and a 24 frets is just one whole step, one note. It is not important to me. The Mexican models have just 21 frets.

Well, 22 frets should be enough for blues and classic rock, so I don't really worry. Never used 23rd and 24th frets before, but I'm a newbie, and I don't count :)
G&L is also a very good brand (G from George Fullerton and L from Leo Fender). If you have the chance, play them.

Hmm, never heard of them before, thanks for pointing!
And don't forget let us know!

I appreciate your interest. I think I will update the topic if I get a chance to play something interesting, be it LP or G&L or anything.
22 fret and 24 fret guitars may have the neck pickup at a different location, giving a different tone. It's not unusual for 21 or 22 fret guitars to have the neck pickup right about where the 24th fret would be.

Interesting point, thank you! I've never thought of it this way.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

By the way, what do music store personnel usually think about people who come and try and come and try and come and try? :) I will barely buy a thing, but I take time and touch those as-expensive-as-gold guitars... Do they tolerate?
They hate me! :lol:

Seriously, I think it is part of the business. You are buying musical instruments, you have to check them out. When I go to a new store and ask them for playing a guitar or a bass, they never complain. When I go to my usual stores, they give me the guitar or basses for checking. I did it in several countries and, it always was the same.

The Ricochet's point could be also important if you are looking for specific tone. Yesterday I didn't mind!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

another vote for g&l. i love mine.

ReplyQuote
(@kopfschmerzen)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

G&L is also a very good brand (G from George Fullerton and L from Leo Fender). If you have the chance, play them.

After all I went with G&L too :) I just bought a Legacy Tribute, blueburst with a rosewood fingerboard. Looks beautiful! Don't know how does it play though, I'm in an office at the moment :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Very nice guitar!

Enjoy! :D

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

You can move mountains using a strat and a good amp.

Congrats on the purchase! 8)

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

Rahul I love your avatar!

When I have money I want the Eric Johnson stratocaster (might be a few years still) but that only has 21 frets because it's a traditional 50s stratocaster. So I feel like I am one of the old school guys, like Gilmour having to swap guitars so that he can finish off that amazing "money" solo!

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2