DragonForce

12 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@power-chord)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

off topic but anyway
the band dragonforce has anyone heard them?

well i jus got into them about three days ago and i must say they one of the best guitar players i have ever seen
im a die hard randy rhoads fan but they jus blow him away
the guitarist are sam totman and herman li

there sound is like a heavy iron maiden

i encourage everyone 2 check them out
im not making this up but on a radio station the other day 107.1 the big wazu kirk hammet said they were the fastest 2 guiatarists he had ever seen...this is coming from kirk hammet

i cant stress it enough u have got to check them out

Lifes been Good To Me So Far

RANDY RHOADS 1956- 1982
DIME- 1966-2004

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I have to admit they are fast, but I dunno, shredding is definitely not what i'm into.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I don't know anything about Dragon Force (honestly, I love metal and I love "fantasy" and swords and dragons and all, but would I name a band dragon force? What about Sword of Valor +1, or Elfin Chainmail? Are those taken?)

Dude, I have to admit you have a cool user name (seriously). Power Chord, very cool. I can't believe that we have 13,000 registered users and no one used Power Chord before.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Dragon Force is okay. Definitely a talented bunch of guys. Here's a link to check out info on a lot of other bands:
http://www.bnrmetal.com/

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@futile)
Eminent Member

I have to admit I tend to really like power metal, especially epic/fantasy stuff like DragonForce. I think the way I feel about them is that some of their songs are awesome, but a lot of it is just the same old thing.

Honestly, though, I really wish I could play that fast.

ReplyQuote
(@power-chord)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

i kno there name is kind ofcheesy, it sounds like a video game or something but to me it doesent matter i think they are very very talented

steve-o may i ask why u arent into shredding i kno it gets old after awhile but i dont see how anyone can be that coordianted wth their fingers

Dali Lima thanx for the compliment on my name
it just seemed right because almost everything i do is a powerchord and most of rock is powerchords so it just seemed right also you should check them out

futile what do u mean its just the same old thing?

Lifes been Good To Me So Far

RANDY RHOADS 1956- 1982
DIME- 1966-2004

ReplyQuote
(@hawkfoggy)
Estimable Member

i kno there name is kind ofcheesy, it sounds like a video game or something but to me it doesent matter i think they are very very talented

steve-o may i ask why u arent into shredding i kno it gets old after awhile but i dont see how anyone can be that coordianted wth their fingers

Dali Lima thanx for the compliment on my name
it just seemed right because almost everything i do is a powerchord and most of rock is powerchords so it just seemed right also you should check them out

futile what do u mean its just the same old thing?that comment about powerchords and it being most of rock... hopefully bands around here can change that. iknow mine will. anyway, if you like dragonforce go for Yngwie J. Malmsteen.
he invented the techniec dragon force uses called sweep picking

"I'm as free as a bird now. And this bird you can not change" Free Bird, By: Lynyrd Skynyrd
GIT SNAKE BIT!!!
stay safe

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

I don't know anything about Dragon Force (honestly, I love metal and I love "fantasy" and swords and dragons and all, but would I name a band dragon force? What about Sword of Valor +1, or Elfin Chainmail? Are those taken?)

Dude, I have to admit you have a cool user name (seriously). Power Chord, very cool. I can't believe that we have 13,000 registered users and no one used Power Chord before.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

I listened to Dragonforce for the frist time about 2 months ago...'Through the Fire and Flames' was the song I heard, and I really liked it. The guitar parts are smokin' (if not extreemly inspired) and I like the lead singers voice a lot. So I picked up their CD, and I have to agree with futile, a lot of their stuff sounds the same...I even noticed that some of the lyrics are recycled in songs on the same CD...but then again, maybe they were going for a unified album theme (a novel idea these days...kudos to GreenDay and Dragonforce for bothing to put that much thought into their song writing/selection). Either way, I still enjoy listening to it. The guitar skills are awe inspiring if nothing else, but the music is decent too, IMHO :smile:

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Because I don't feel that there is really anything to it musically speaking, sure it's technically impressive but I like guys who are great technically and have a great melodic feel like Kirk Hammett and Zack Wylde, some might call their style a form of shredding but to me it's more like really fast blues playing.

That's what it really comes down to for me, combining heavier styles of music with a great harmony and melody.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@soul-power)

when I listen to through the fire and flames on tv I CRINGE. those crazy harmonics and that wacky scene of a duel guitar solo :shock: :lol: makes me sound slow after its over with.

music's all the same deep down, eighth notes, time signatures, scales, etc.., but people still say what your listening to isn't music, how weird.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

The problem with shredding isn't speed on itself: plenty of ultra-fast violin and piano shredding exist with breathtaking detail and subtlety. Unfortunately, guitar shredders tend to write flat-out boring music, minus a few exceptions. Yeah, technically impressive in a way, but not really much either as it's usually pretty life-less. There's no real detail to any note because they last not long enough. And besides, who cares about impressive anyway. I know a dude who can stand on one leg for hours on end. That's amazing, but once you get the rough idea you can imagine how the rest goes without missing too much.

ReplyQuote