Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I voted for hybrid because it's the only type i've played besides my practice amp at home, which is an old solid state.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I love to have a Vox AC30! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Nothing compares
Nothing compares
To Tuuuuube

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

which of those lovely categories does my lovely Fender HRD fit under?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

which of those lovely categories does my lovely Fender HRD fit under?"All Tube Class A/B Push Pull"

Silly poll.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

It's all tube. Pretty sure class A single ended.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Examples of single ended Class A amps are: Fender Champ. Epiphone Valve Junior. Higher powered amps with paired output tubes are usually Class AB1, push-pull.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

Voted for non-modelling solid-state - but then I use a modelling processor in front of the amp, and I use models of tube amps. Why not just use a tube amp, like the AC30 I had for years? SS is a bit cheaper, much lighter, (potentially) more reliable, and I can have a choice of 11 amps, yet only carry one 8) I'd have to carry some kind of pedalboard anyway, since I need to use FX on at least some numbers in almost every gig. (In the old days I had a big mess of analog stomp boxes!)

PS I actually do like the sound of a good solid-state amp (mine's a Fender) running clean, esp for jazz...

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Voted for non-modelling solid-state - but then I use a modelling processor in front of the amp, and I use models of tube amps. Why not just use a tube amp, like the AC30 I had for years? SS is a bit cheaper, much lighter, (potentially) more reliable, and I can have a choice of 11 amps, yet only carry one 8) I'd have to carry some kind of pedalboard anyway, since I need to use FX on at least some numbers in almost every gig. (In the old days I had a big mess of analog stomp boxes!)

PS I actually do like the sound of a good solid-state amp (mine's a Fender) running clean, esp for jazz...

Same here man. My fender has a great clearn, awesome reverb and chorus. Useless overdrive, so I got a V-Amp. Tons of choices, light, reliable, a bunch of plus.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@tre-billie-mike)
Trusted Member

i would vote in the poll but i'm not sure that the Roland Micro-Cube falls under any of the categories but hey the Micro-Cube is a really cool amp i own one and the sounds you can get out of it are awesome you've basically got a pedal built into your amp it is soo cool i would recommend it to anyone looking for quite a cheap amp that sounds really good 8)

...It's Somthing unpredictable, But in the end is right, I hope you have the time of your life...

----I Am The American Idiot---- <-------You have been warned

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

ditto on the cube, bought one to take one the road with me, and i'm totally impressed.

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@tre-billie-mike)
Trusted Member

The Cube rules :lol: awesome sound

...It's Somthing unpredictable, But in the end is right, I hope you have the time of your life...

----I Am The American Idiot---- <-------You have been warned

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

RP 100 modeler with Crate Taxi for practice. Pretty flexable practice set-up.
Traynor Mark III combo, all tube great crunch combo. Bar and jam size but a bit heavy.

Orange Overdrive into a 1960 marshall cab, Pest extermination, Annoying neighbor evictor, Paint stripping, groupie stripping, window glass removal...etc 8) :twisted:

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Whatever is availlable. When recording I'd much rather use digital, it's just plain easier to record a good digital sound then record a proper tube sound. Espescially if you aren't a sound engineer and live in a mini-appartment. But I wouldn't mind getting an AC30 or a fully solidstate JC120. And you can always combine them into one sound.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2