Notifications
Clear all

Early Bird or Night Owl

27 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I am a morning person. it became a problem when I was gigging. it seemed our start times were always at midnight.
my next day was shot. I never had a problem being creative at that late hour tho. you know, guitar music is adrenelin.

I simply adore the quiet of the morning's first light. there is a mist and softness to the light
and the air is quiet and smells great.
conversely, there is nothing like a 3 AM burger at Perkins with all the other exotic night owls.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I can tell you don't live in Philly! 8:00am here, we got the garbage truck in our condo complex...Not that I was asleep anyways.

Always been a night person my self, the Sun is evil eh? As far as creativity though, I havn't noticed more creativity at night or daytime...Although I have noticed that I'm a lot less tolerant of mistakes when I play when I'm tired, and my muscles tend to be tighter and a lot more uncomfortable.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

I get up before 7 every morning, but Ringo (pictured at left) lets me sleep till 8 on the weekends. Oddly enough, I play the best after midnight.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I wake up full of music in my head

So do I. Every morning it's a different tune, but I always wake up with some sort of music running around my brain. That's probably why I like to play first thing in the morning! I take my tea to the patio and just play what I've been dreaming about!

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

Night. Since I've heard playing after a shower is no bueno, I tend to practice at night but not too late.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I get up at 4 A.M. to go to work every morning, so I really don't have a choice but to play in the evening. I love to play anytime of day if possible, but I do most from about 5-9 P.M.. Got to go to bed early to get back up at 4 A.M. again. :D

On weekends if I have the day off I will play anytime of day or night.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@uno-pulgar)
Trusted Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4DV-5d6a5g

Avatar- Correy Harris 8/12/2006 Heritage Music Blues fest, Wheeling WVa

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

I love playing at night.

When I am falling asleep and I slipping in and out of conscious I usually hear really creative and bizarre music in my head. I usually get up and start playing, but the problem is that I usually don't even realize what I am hearing inside my head is actually being created by my mind. In that state of mind it just seems that the music I am hearing is just a part of life and I don't even think of wanting to create music; because music is always playing in this "dream land".

When I do manage to get up and playing at these times, I always seem to come up with my really spacey music that I love (think Radiohead-ish, but I may just be flattering myself).

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
 jimh
(@jimh)
Estimable Member

Although I prefer to practice at night, I seem to be better in the mornings. My fret hand seems to be rested and ready to go. Sometimes at night I just have to put it down cuz I can't find a note with a map...

Music is the universal language.

ReplyQuote
 ss43
(@ss43)
Trusted Member

Definitley a morning person. My head is not so full of junk and I am a lot more creative. I am the neighborhood alarm clock on weekends :twisted: .

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I dunno, I guess I'm both, but I still can't fly.

I rarely go to bed before 1 AM and am up by 6:30 most mornings. Yet, I still can't get everything done in a day.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Usually I play at evening. On early morning I go out and run. Running on the morning is one of the best experiences, probably it is my favorite activity. For example, yesterday it was raining and this morning you can smell all the different flowers and trees.

Nuno

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2