Earth Day 2007

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hi Group,
Earth Day 2007 is fast approaching (April 22), being in that generation that celebrated the first Earth Day I always want to do something special. As musicians I think we have a deeper understanding of our world (in an emotional sort of way) than most people. Every year I suggest to others that we go out into the local parks with our instruments and just add a little to the beauty of our world. I always take my dog, my guitar and a folding stool and just sit in a big open field and play. Anybody else have any Earthday plans?

Eric

Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Where in NY are you Eric?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I'm in Yaphank, just north of the LIE exit 68. And you?

ReplyQuote
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Unfortunately, for this year's Earth Day I shall be about 300 miles away from my guitar, on a break at a friends place. :(

However, he does have a pretty nice bass (I know because I bought it for him! :) ) so I'll certainly be brushing up on my bass playing.....though that's probably not best done in a park somewhere - it might hurt somebody's ears! :lol:

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote
(@fretted-fingers)
Trusted Member

Ahh...Earth Day..

I've never celebrated it before.
Perhaps this year, I will. Around a camp fire, with my trusty acoustic guitar and a small circle of friends.

....and maybe some booze.

It'll make for a great first Earth Day celebration.
There aren't really many parks where I live, so a secluded camp area is best for me.
Besides. I like camping anyways.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Sorry Eric, was away for a while. I'm in Upper Brookville (in Oyster Bay) Long Island...No idea where Yaphank is, havn't heard of it :lol: ahh, my little Oyster Bay bubble that I live in.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote