Clear all

Eastwood and Italia

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@cerberus)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I was hoping to get some feedback as to the quality of the Eastwood and Italia basses. They look pretty cool, but their prices seem too reasonable. Am I just being cynical?

Supplemental question: Is a 30 1/2" scale (as on a few the eastwood bases) considered short scale or does it still count as standard?

I pity the fool, but also suggest ways he might better himself.

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

A link or two would be helpful.

34" is considered the standard length.

ReplyQuote
(@cerberus)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Oops, sorry bout that.

http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/

http://www.italiaguitars.com/

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I have the Eastwood Rocket. black w/ white pick-guard. It is a short scale 30" bass and so are the 30 1/2" . You will need to immediately replace the strings, IMO. I found them to be extremely floppy. I got heavier gauge long scale flat-wounds and now it really rocks (or jazzes) if you like flat-wounds. I have flats on two of my three basses.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@cerberus)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

How do you feel about the quality? Just from the their aesthetic I thought they'd be over $1000, and since they're not I assumed that takes their quality into question.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

It did have a burr or something at the bridge on one of the strings that caused me two have to replace the string a couple of times until I buffed the bridge and stop-tail piece with my Dremel tool. That could happen to any instrument maker's bridge. Other than that issue, which was minor, I love my Eastwood and the quality seems fine. It is a solid piece of workmanship.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote