Clear all

Entwistle - Won't Get Fooled Vid - Bass Only

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Not sure where this is from, but it's The Ox and his bass isolated from the rest of the band while performing Won't Get Fooled Again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfDE-ZvfOwU&search=john%20entwistle

Amazing work. And hysterical how he lives up to his nickname - the guy just doesn't move. Doesn't even look like he's keeping time, but you know he's spot on.

Enjoy!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

(@kjlower039)
Eminent Member

That's insane!!! I love it! thanks for the link dude...

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

That's from the Who DVD the Kids are Alright, I believe that's what it's called.

Really great stuff

Edit: Seeing them Sept 13th here in NY :) (Minus the ox unfortunatley)

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey Taso do you know if the DVD has options to see everyone singled out, or just Entwistle?

Have fun at the show. I saw the first "farewell" concert ... back in 1982 as I recall. :lol:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Just Entwisle

Thanks, I saw them in May of 04, greatest concert ever.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@stang)
Eminent Member

That's from the Who DVD the Kids are Alright, I believe that's what it's called.

Really great stuff

Edit: Seeing them Sept 13th here in NY :) (Minus the ox unfortunatley)

Bit late I know - but I had the pleasure of being in the concert they filmed for that - twas at Kilburn Odean in North London - trouble is although I loved the concert they tossed the footage - although they kept the audience filming - cause I will swear blind that I am in two frames!

Stan

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

...Amazing work. And hysterical how he lives up to his nickname - the guy just doesn't move. Doesn't even look like he's keeping time, but you know he's spot on.

Enjoy!

When I saw this clip in the movie The Kids Are Alright (not the isolated one here, but the whole thing), as well as some of the others I thought that it must've really been tough being the bassist in that band; what with the way Moon plays the drums. Moon plays like every single beat possible, all the way through lots of times, and as bassist, you have to sort of 'float' in the middle there somewhere; not that Moon misses the beat or goes off, but it's sort of like the beat is going along nicely and then an explosion, more beats, two explosions in a row, then more even beats. I get the feeling that if he actually tapped his foot or moved around he would've gotten thrown right off.

So, aside from his being a brilliant musician, props for being able to play with Moonie all those years. :)

ReplyQuote