Facing problems with a gig

18 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Good for you!!! Keep us posted, eh?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanks people!

Wes: Heh, that's no work. I've got all the songs still in their mix-stage so I can just load them and mute whichever track I want. But I'm not too sure how much that'll work, it'll be more studio then live. But It's definitely an option.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

DUDE>>..you have to know your band history. The band Porcupine Tree started out exactly like this!! THERE WAS NO BAND. IT WAS ALL A HOAX> :shock: Next thing you know, Steven Wilson is touring the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porcupine_tree
Porcupine Tree originated in 1987 as something of a collaborative hoax between Steven Wilson and Malcolm Stocks. Inspired somewhat by the big bands, such as Pink Floyd, that dominated the music scene during their youth, the two decided to form a fictional legendary rock band named The Porcupine Tree. Wilson obliged the creation with several hours of music to provide "evidence" of its existence. The two also fabricated details such as band members, album titles and backstory. The backstory purportedly included events such as meeting at a '70s rock festival, and several trips in and out of prison.

I say, tell the truth to the radio station, but after that 1) build upon the mystique of the band. 2) Work the musician's network. Find people that you can work with and form the band. 3) Fly in a manager from New Jersey :D who happens to play guitar. Work it man...go for it.

Don't forget, there's always the Steely Dan approach too! They did not do a live show for forever.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2