Clear all

FAVORITE AEROSMITH ALBUM

26 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@midway-man)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

For me at least, I'm hard pressed to choose from anyone of their first four albums. But after it's all said and done I'll half to say TOYS IN THE ATTIC. How bout you???

"You can drive a song or you can make it sit still."

(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

I can't get enough of Honkin' on Bobo

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Get A Grip and Just Push Play are the only full ablums in my collection. :oops:

I'd like to get Toys In The Attic and Rocks still.

So for now it's Get A Grip.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@johnin510)
Trusted Member

Rocks

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

rocks

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Toys In The Attic or Live Bootleg

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@midway-man)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

You guys are right... ROCKS is right up there with the best.
When we were just kids in 77 & 78 my Band at the time "GOALWING" played ( Sick as a Dog ) ... at the time I wanted to do ( Combination ) but we just couldn't pull it together. To this day I find that laid back groove of combination... pleasing.

"You can drive a song or you can make it sit still."

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Toys

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Get Your Wings

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

They all have something to offer.

I couldn't decide but Toys in the Attic was the first one I liked. :wink: :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Toys in the Attic would probably have my favorite songs on it, so i'll go for that.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Get Your Wings

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I've got a greatest hits collection on cassette.....it's, sadly, the only LP of theirs I've heard in full....

Funny, but few people in the UK had ever heard of Aerosmith till about '85 or so, when "Walk this way" - with Run DMC - was a hit. Then they disappeared again for a few years, till "Love in an elevator" was a big hit....they had a few more chart singles over the next few years, then disappeared again....

"Toys in the Attic" - what year was that released? Heard a lot of good things about it...I'll have to put it on the must-buy list....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

Rocks. #2= Live Bootleg

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I've got a greatest hits collection on cassette.....it's, sadly, the only LP of theirs I've heard in full....

Funny, but few people in the UK had ever heard of Aerosmith till about '85 or so, when "Walk this way" - with Run DMC - was a hit. Then they disappeared again for a few years, till "Love in an elevator" was a big hit....they had a few more chart singles over the next few years, then disappeared again....

"Toys in the Attic" - what year was that released? Heard a lot of good things about it...I'll have to put it on the must-buy list....

:D :D :D

Vic

IIRC, some DJs referred to Aerosmith as the "Poor Man's Rolling Stones" at the time. (Sort of like calling a Cadillac the Rolls Royce of automobiles.) Guess they saw Tyler as the American version of Jagger.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2