Clear all

Favorite Movie Scenes With Heavy Music Presence

35 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

'I Don't Want to Set the World On Fire'
Always loved that one. Of course, I like it because my Grandpa ALWAYS sang that song :D

That's one of my absolute favorite Ink Spots songs! Like your Grandpa, I catch myself singing it when I'm doing things around the house. Hmmmm ... wonder if I can find a tab? Off to tab land.

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

LOL - That's EXACTLY when my Grandpa used to sing it :D
He'd be doing something around the house, cleaning the frontroom for example, and he'd be singing
that in his amazing, deep-gravelly voice with a sly grin on his face and a spring in his step.
Magical!

It was even better because I've never seen two people more in love than he and my Grams :D
So, when he sang that song, it always seemed that the thought of her made him as happy as happy could be.
At least that's how I saw it as a little kid :wink:

Good to see you, EB.
We should talk soon.... It's been awhile.

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I found the tab for it! It now resides in the ESD! You can learn it now and think of your grandparents when you play it! :D

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46449

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Someone mentioned the Darth Vader theme, I've always loved the Star Wars movies (the original trilogy, and the new ones), and I think a big part of it has to do with the music. Even in the final prequel movie there was great music during the final lightsaber battle.

Indiana Jones - Another George Lucas movie with music from John Williams
Superman theme - There's just something I've always liked about this theme
"The Godfather" movies - Really great music and another favorite trilogy of mine (although Part 1 was my favorite)
The Theme from Halloween - Although the sound of the old synth's might be a little cheesy compared to today's standards, I think it's still a really chilling piece of music.

Anyways, those are some of my favorites.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

+100 on the Godfather my all time fav movie

Not really a movie but I always liked the themes from Hawaii Five-O and Secret Agent Man

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3