Clear all

Favorite Rush Tune?

43 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I know there are some of you Rush fans out there... while not as front-line as Zeppelin and the Who, the band Rush has a dedicated following - some would say cultish - who continue to purchase Rush albums (as rehashed as I sometimes feel they are lately)... so, what is your favorite tune from Rush?

I would have to say either Natural Science or the "Hemispheres" saga...

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Trees, or YYZ. I'm not a big fan, I like them, but they're crazy boring as I'm concerned.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I know there are some of you Rush fans out there... while not as front-line as Zeppelin and the Who, the band Rush has a dedicated following - some would say cultish - who continue to purchase Rush albums (as rehashed as I sometimes feel they are lately)... so, what is your favorite tune from Rush?

I am a confessed member of the Rush cult ...

There's no way I can pick just one song.

Okay, I'll do it: The Spirit of Radio.

No, make it Analog Kid.

Well, maybe One Little Victory.

Gotta be Closer to the Heart.

Aargh!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Trees, or YYZ. I'm not a big fan, I like them, but they're crazy boring as I'm concerned.

You live in Canada, you have to like them. Isn't that some kind of law?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

True, not so much to like them, but to appreciate them. I think they are amazing musicians, but its just not my style. However it is a law to love the Hip and Blue Rodeo.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

YYZ is my fav Rush tune. :D

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

They have an instrumental thats called "Rush Overture" or something...Saw a vid of them playing it live. The bass playing was...*speechless*

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Rush are one band I never got into - I don't know why, I suppose they just never got much radio play over here.....

Heard some of their stuff on Classic Rock stations though, and while I don't think I'd rush (ouch!) out to buy a CD, there's nothing I've heard by them I actively disliked...

The one song I do know well is Spirit of the Radio - now that I do like!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Growing up in Buffalo, NY so close to Canada you HAD to ne a Rush fan as well as Kim Mitchell & Triumph fan.

My Favorite song(s) are!

Bastille Day
YYZ
LimeLight
Lakeside Park

Yea and also you must carry a hockey stick in one hand and a Labbatts in the other!! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Saw them the day before my 16th birthday! 23 years ago yesterday ;)
Love the first three albums and 'exit stage left'
My favs are probably 'Closer to the Heart', Freewill, Priests of Syrinx and Spirit of Radio

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Growing up in Buffalo, NY so close to Canada you HAD to ne a Rush fan as well as Kim Mitchell & Triumph fan.

My Favorite song(s) are!

Bastille Day
YYZ
LimeLight
Lakeside Park

Yea and also you must carry a hockey stick in one hand and a Labbatts in the other!! :lol:

Kim Mitchell is great too, Patio Latterns is one of the songs that come on a lot when I'm playing pool and my friends place.

I don't play hockey, not on ice anyway, floor and street ocassionaly, and Labbats isn't my beer. If it has to be a Canadian one, Molson Canadian, or Blue Star.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Lakeside Park
Bastille Day
Red Barchetta
Freewill
By-Tor & The Snow Dog... now that's a song!!! :D
(I could go on a long time! :wink: )

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@scrogdog)
Estimable Member

My favorite band, so a tough call.

I'd have to go with Xanadu.

As always, I'll also give my under-rated gem - Between the Wheels. That song has probably my favorite Lifeson solo.

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

Subdivisions
and
Double Agent
hold special places in my heart.

Oh, ya: and Ghost Rider... :wink:

Ghost

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

No one mentioned "Working Man", one of my all time favorites.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3