Just thought it would be nice to have a beatle poll

who was your favouite beatle ???

John was my fav ...

ringo was a close second

whats yours

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

PAUL Mcartney , my true idol.....(and a left handed GOD ) :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

Well I voted for Paul mainly because he is the one you hear the most of and he can do it all, wonderful at ballads but he can really rock too.. I mean have a look at any of his DVDs lately (red square) he can still get out there..

At 47 years of age now, I have always LOVED the beatles as a group but at different times through the years they have all been my favourites as individuals.

Nobody has the stage presence of John Lennon a great voice and they way John and Paul harmonized and all of Georges hidden talents that slowly unfolded through the years and Ringo in the back there banging away ...

Favourite, Now thats just an UNFAIR question.....

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

George was always my fav as a Beatle and as a solo artist. He was one of the reasons I wanted to pick up a guitar. 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Has to be John - just fractionally ahead of George,in turn a tad in front of Ringo.....

Fabulous songwriter, under-rated guitarist, great singer (Twist and Shout still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up after all these years) and tireless campaigner for peace....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Paul

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Has to be John - just fractionally ahead of George,in turn a tad in front of Ringo.....

Fabulous songwriter, under-rated guitarist, great singer (Twist and Shout still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up after all these years) and tireless campaigner for peace....

Vic

Where does paul go?? :oops:

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Vic

Where does paul go?? :oops:
I guess Vic made him 4th (sounds much better than last huh)

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

John Lennon, always has been always will be !

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member

You're missing the stink beatle.

ReplyQuote
(@boogieman)
Trusted Member

Looks like I'm the only RINGO fan. Check out the movie Caveman, you'll be hooked on Ringo (plus his wife is in it at her prime). Zug Zug!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I voted for John, but really I liked all the Beatles.

John was the thoughtful, intelligent person who always spoke his mind. Very courageous. And tough too. John wrote the great lyrics.

Paul is super talented. He wrote better music than John, but not too good with lyrics. Yesterday is an exception, those are terrific lyrics. Paul was also the friendly, cheerful personality of the group.

Ringo was always underrated. He was probably the most intelligent, even smarter than John. He was easily the most humorous with fantastic wit. Great actor too.

George was the kind, gentle soul. You can't help but like him. But he could be witty too. He knew more about guitar chords than either John or Paul. It was often his unusual chords that put Beatle songs over the top. Very underrated guitar player, he was pristine. And George was a great singer. He had a beautiful and unique voice.

All the Beatles were special, probably why the group was so successful.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I also liked Ringo especially when he did the voice overs for Thomas the Tank Engine ....

He was a pretty damn fine musician as well .....

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

I'll go with George. I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but I really like the songs he wrote and thought he was a unique guitar player.

I saw Ringo on Conan O'Brien about a year or so ago and he was really funny. It's nice to see a guy who doesn't take himself too seriously.

Despite being obscenely rich, Paul has always struck me as a good guy who has his heart in the right place.

Never cared for John.

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

I voted for George Harrison. The quiet Beatle. Quiet class. But really, where is the Pete Best vote? He who was totally screwed.

Enjoy your karma, after all you earned it.
http://www.gadlaw.com

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2