Notifications
Clear all

Favourite Pink Floyd Album

22 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I was always a big fan of Syd-era Floyd, took me years to get into the "new" Floyd - I do like all their albums, but I have a soft spot for "The Division Bell" - just something about that album, and it kind of got me listening to all the old stuff again and hearing things I'd never heard before....

Still have a copy of "Relics" somwhere, must have been the biggest-selling LP of all time, but never made the album charts because it was sooooo cheap.....not much more than the price of a single, EVERYBODY bought "Relics".....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Even my favourite pink floyd song has to be from Division Bell.Its 'Coming Back to Life'.Very nice song.Amazing solos and lyrics.

After coming from my college during the whole last year , i used the above song to soothe my spirits :)

ReplyQuote
(@captain-kalooba)
Eminent Member

1. Wish You Were Here
2. The Wall
3. Dark Side Of The Moon

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free. - Jim Morrison

ReplyQuote
(@spadge)
Estimable Member

Top 3 in this order

1, Meddle - The start in my opinion of Classic Floyd, Echoes and Fearless are fantastic tracks.
2, Wish You Were Here - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (All Of It) and the title track esp..
3, Dark Side Of The Moon - Time and Us & Them, classic album from start to finish.

Find all you need in your mind, If you take the time

ReplyQuote
(@se7en)
Eminent Member

Remember When You Were Young.... :lol:

That Would be " Wish You Were Here "

ReplyQuote
(@chalkoutline)
Estimable Member

I always have a hard time with this. They are so great in different ways.

DSOTM...like has been said before, an incredible soundscape. Look in the dictionary under concept album...There would be a picture of this one.

WYWH...Shine on you crazy diamond...what more can you see. Syd wasnt in the band but he was always there.

Animals...This album is so lyrically intense and the music just gets right into me and sends chills up my spine.

And yes I have Relics :D

I have all of these on vinyl...the only way to fly!

Does anyone have the soundtrack album "Obscured by Clouds"? I have that one...the sticker says I paid $3 LOL

Interview guy: What is the source of your feedback?
Neil Young: Volume.

ReplyQuote
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

Wish you were here.

Even today as I watch the David Gilmour DVD, it brings chills to my spine when he plays Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2