6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Been checking these out on You Tube seem pretty cool,
anyone here own one?

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

(@roundi)
Estimable Member

I have had one for about 2 years. I like it a lot. I only play at home so I can't comment on gigging with it or anything. I find it quite versatile with all the models (there is only a couple I use regularly). The clean channel gets the mos use from me, often with a overdrive pedal. When it was a month or two old my tubes went but they were replaced by the store and I have had not problems since. There are tons of youtube videos and reviews if you do a quick search you will find lots of info. For $300 bucks I think it is a great choice.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Related thread:
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=47651&hilit=

It's quite good straight out of the box.

Mine has been rehoused in a bigger cabinet (surf green tolex!) with a 12" speaker.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@deano)

I really like mine as well. It's perfect for home use, and with all of the different effects and models onboard you can approximate about style you would want for an electric guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

mine got re-speakered (great upgrade) and re-purposed. It's sitting at the tail end of a Boss GT-10 multi-effects board. Mucho better than previous amp I had there. It's plenty loud. I play by myself mostly.

My gripes are:
No mid eq control
my speaker was thin. other's did not suffer such misfortune
no saving of any group of settings. My memory is toast right now. I can dial in a tone on one day for a particular song, not write it down and forget it after knob twisting up another tone.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for that gents... That is what I was really after, I know a few of you guys had them just wanted to see if you STILL liked them after having them for a while.
I am not sure which to get yet, Super Champ XD or the Peavey Vypyr 30.. Just for home use.
Have to make a trip and try them both out.
The Peavey has some really good reviews, but so does the Champ ..
Cheers
Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote