FIFA 2010 QF Poll

193 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
15.4 K Views
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Ok, we're at QF stage now. Time for a refresh on the poll options. Vote away.

(Now with Spain added. I swear I typed them in the first time. I love Spain. I just love Germany slightly more*)

*Okay, okay, so I just love Joachim Low, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Mesut Ozil, and crushing the NDP slightly more. But that's the same thing, really. :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

What happened to Spain?
Are you personally eliminating them?

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

:evil:

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

What? Crap? Sorry Nuno!!!!!!! I don't know what happened, I posted that right after cheering them on very enthusiastically as they crushed Ronaldo's dreams into oblivion. Uh, I mean beat Portugal as I knew and hoped and prayed they would. Yup. I even cheered them on in the groups from Malaga! Very very very very sorry, consider me off to fix this right now.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Now that Spain is on the list, I'm sticking with them. They haven't played their best yet, but I think they're pacing themselves... they'll play as well as they need to.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I voted for Spain....I said I'd support them if England went out, which we did, without even a whimper. Really though, it's up for grabs....

Netherlands v Brazil - close one to call. I don't think Brazil have hit top gear yet, but Holland are in a great run of form and could upset the odds. They're due a win against Brazil, too!

Uruguay v Ghana - both tightly knit sides who don't give much away, but the Uruguayans have shown some good individual skill and should edge this one.

Germany v Argentina - another close one! Argentina are playing well, though Messi's yet to sparkle; Germany are blowing a little hot-and-cold....I'll take Argentina to edge this one.

Spain v Paraguay - Spain are beginning to show a little of the flair that won Euro '08, and Villa's looking a real handful. Spain for me.

I won't be putting any money on those predictions at the bookie's, though.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Hey! Where's the " What the heck is FIFA 2010" choice?????

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

No one voted for Holland. That's my dark horse. I wish them many tom-foolery moments against their opponents and sneak their way into a 5-0 victory.

OK. I know nothing about the sport except that a whistle will blows after most great plays. Some African teams have a massive traveling cow bell contigent. All about the bell, brothas!!!

Sorry to interupt this for a moment and my babbling. My wife know less about the world's best sport than I do. (I wasnt half bad for a yank in my day) Anyhow, the question. Why all the hub bub?, she says. I told her it was like the Olympics of Soccer. Am I right on that one?

Well, everyone, may you remaining teams do well. 8) Me, being of european American descent goyya go with Germany or Holand.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Mua voting with Germany all along! Lets hope they beat Argentina to pulp. 8)

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I'm sticking with the Netherlands.

I think Scrybe has unintentionally jinxed Spain . . . sorry, Nuno.
It's those English women . . . they can't help it.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

What?
Don't worry, it comes with your addiction... Hey, guys! Did you note? Scrybe is already Guitarnoise Addict! I think it needs a new thread...

Brazil, Argentina, Germany... Netherlands, Uruguay... It will not be easy...

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I'm sticking with the Netherlands.

I think Scrybe has unintentionally jinxed Spain . . . sorry, Nuno.
It's those English women . . . they can't help it.
Scrybe runs off to start a "Who Will Win The Premiership?" poll that 'accidently' omits Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, and Arsenal....

What?
Don't worry, it comes with your addiction... Hey, guys! Did you note? Scrybe is already Guitarnoise Addict! I think it needs a new thread...

Brazil, Argentina, Germany... Netherlands, Uruguay... It will not be easy...

Am I? I didn''t even notice!!!!! I feel sooooooo old, lmaooo :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Brazil v Holland. I'm calling Brazil to sneak this one. It will be tight, though. But Brazil have the better defence. Think they'll score on the counter attack. Holland will look more lively from the start, but Brazil will build consistently throughout.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Bookmaker's Odds this morning......

Brazil 5/2 favourites
Spain 3/1
Argentina 7/2
Netherlands 6/1
Germany 7/1
Uruguay 14/1
Paraguay & Ghana 33/1

Germany look the value bet at that price to me.....

Doesn't it look weird, watching Brazil play in blue? Just doesn't seem right, somehow!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

2-1 Holland. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lucio's having a bit of a nightmare game today. He's usually solid.

Can Brazil pull back to win?

(I'm supporting Holland, tho I still think Brazil will win overall)

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 13