FIFA 2010 QF Poll

193 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
15.4 K Views
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

No, Maradona will not quit. Firstly, he said something like he could quit but not directly. When a journalist asked him, he told him he did not say that, perhaps he could start to think about it.

Maradona was more worried about the possible, future match against Spain in semifinals than Germany. You can not walk two steps in one. You can not do it even with the most humble team, and Germany is not precisely a humble team.

And Messi is a good player. But good players need good coaches, too. Messi in Argentina with Maradona is not Messi in Barcelona with Guardiola. Very skilled and intelligent player. He is only 23 years old!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I was waiting till after the Men's Singles Final at Wimbledon before making my prediction....now that Nadal's the champion again, like he was in '08, I reckon a Spanish double is on....like 2008. Spain to shock Germany, Netherlands to beat Uruguay, and a Spanish win in the Final.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I'm going with a German win over Spain: 2-1 or 3-1

Spain to win the Fair Play award for least number of yellow cards in the tourny.

Holland to beat Uruguay 3-1.

And a German trouncing of Holland 4-0 again in the final. Muller to score. Schweinsteiger to score a long range shot. Klose to (sometime in either the semis or the final) become the top World Cup goal scorer, overtaking Ronaldo.

Schweinsteiger to win the Golden Ball award, and Klose or Muller to edge out Villa on the Golden Boot.

Torres to bomb out of the tourny, and the Spanish manager to get flak for not starting either Llorente or Fabregas ahead of Torres (or both).

And England to win the Golden Egos award. Collectively.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

It's so much better in person. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I am incredibly jealous. This much => :mrgreen:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I am incredibly jealous. This much => :mrgreen:

I'm not. Think of the battering his eardrums took from those %$£%&*% vuvuzelas!!!!!!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

now that Nadal's the champion again, like he was in '08, I reckon a Spanish double is on....like 2008.
Cool reasoning! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

now that Nadal's the champion again, like he was in '08, I reckon a Spanish double is on....like 2008.
Cool reasoning! :lol:

Actually, make that a Spanish treble - seeing as Atletico Madrid won the Europa League! Surprised you didn't mention that oversight, Nuno!!!

Vic

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

You are right! :D

Well, Barcelona won 6 championships these years, and 3 were won this season: the Super Cup's (Spanish, European, and World Cup). And there are seven or eight Barcelona players in the Spanish team.

The match against Germany will be hard...

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

More of the same, please!!!

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

This thread is getting scarier by the pictures... :lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 13