Clear all

Fiona Apple?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@gutfiddle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Caught some of the Elvis Costello and friends show on VH1 last night and Fionna Apple singing Elvis's song "I want you" I think she did an amazing job and would like to check out some of her original songs, any one know of some singles I should listen too?

Thinkin' bout the times we had
Some were good and some were bad
guitar fightin' the tv
i was thinkin bout you and me

(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Her albums Tidal and When The Pawn... are really good. I think she has a new one out. But since you asked about singles try Shadowboxer or Criminal from Tidal and Fast As You Can and Limp from When The Pawn...

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Her albums Tidal and When The Pawn... are really good. I think she has a new one out. But since you asked about singles try Shadowboxer or Criminal from Tidal and Fast As You Can and Limp from When The Pawn...

I absolutely love Criminal. It's such a great song. I'm planning on arranging an acoustic version soon.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

Caught that show myself, WOW that girl is intense. 8)

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@saber)
Reputable Member

There was a video of a new song she came out with, about 5 months old I guess. The song is great but the video was really funny... Wait...

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krTE0AJkqj4

It's got her husband, what's his name, lip singing.

Anyway's. I never thought much of fiona apple until I heard this song. It's very different and catchy.

The sound quality of this video sucks by the way, I would recommend hearing the song under a cleaner version.

"Like the coldest winter chill. Heaven beside you. Hell within." -Jerry Cantrell

ReplyQuote