Clear all

First electric guitar setup

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@will342)
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

So, I've been playing acoustic guitar for about three months now, and I'd play all day if I could :P. Of course I just had to try out an electric guitar the other day and man was it cool! I'd like to play all styles of rock, and I'm willing to spend up to about $700 CAD on the amp and guitar for something that sounds decent.

Ok, so first with the amp. A friend of mine is selling off his Crate GX60D amp. So from what I understand it's got two speakers at 30 watts each. I believe it has three channels and digitial signal proccesing. He's wanting 200 CAD, does this seem like an alright deal?

Next the guitar, I've pretty much fallen in love with the Godin Freeway. My guitar store has two of them, one is the Freeway classic and its selling for 450 used, although it seems to be in really good condition. The other is a brand new Freeway Floyd, its silver and it looks soooooo sexy, but it's a little bit out of my price range at 650 ish (I think). Again, I'm not getting ripped off or anything right? The reviews on quite a few guitar sites seem really positive. I've put a little bit of money on the used freeway classic, I'm just a little bit worried though because it has a maple fingerboard and I'm mostly going to be playing a large variety of rock. What do you guys think would be best for me?

I also found the Washburn X30W pretty cool, how does it compare to the Godin? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Will