29 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

*Blushes*

Peter Paul and Mary...
My dad took me, I was like 5 I think

My first unsupervised show was the Edgefest Aggressive Music Festival, which was awesome, and like a mini ozzfest, as most of the bands there were Ozzfest bands, As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, Hatebreed, Mudvayne (They suck live), God Forbid, A Dozen Furries, In Flames, and Shadows Fall. It was a great expierience, and I even went in the pits once. Later on they got pretty crazy, so I just went up and watched from the seats.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@gutfiddle)
Reputable Member

embarrasingly i admit it was Brooks and Dunn in the mid 90's while in high school. My girlfriend atthe time was a big fan and I don't mind some of their early country music. Anyway we went to sit down behind this couple and I spilled my gigantic sprite down her back. Her boyfriend was about 6'6 260 and stood up and turned around and i thought i was a goner, he said "can i use that for a spit cup" you sure can buddy.

First one I bought tix for was the white stripes at the USF gym, great show. I couldnt believe how much energy come come from 2 people!

Thinkin' bout the times we had
Some were good and some were bad
guitar fightin' the tv
i was thinkin bout you and me

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Nov 81, Gillan on the Double Trouble tour, supported by Nightwing and Budgie.
Can't believe people can't remember their first time, perhaps I took it too seriously?

ReplyQuote
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

I believe my first show was something called Champagne Jam in Atlanta - saw Mothers Finest, and Aerosmith right before they broke up....they totally SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Blood Sweat & Tears, 1972. It was the "No Sweat" Tour without David Clayton Thomas, Still a great show. It was a small collage concert, about 2,000 people--the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

When I was a wee little lad, my folks to me to see Neil Diamond. All I remember is the streets being packed in the middle of downtown Providence. People were standing on cars and everything.

Not by choice, but it was the cherry popper!

ReplyQuote
(@ricola)
Estimable Member

The first concert my parents took me to was John Denver. All I can remember is that the stage slowly rotated. However the first concert I went to with my friends was STRYPER!! What can I say... Rock on... :oops:

Psa. 42:8
By day the LORD commands his steadfast love,
and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Crosby, Stills & Nash at the Boston Garden, maybe 1971

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

Carlos Santana on his 50th birthday with Rusted Root as an opener.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

I'm a little embarrassed but my first concert was The
Monkees in 1969. No this wasn't when Jimi was opening
for them. My next was Eric Burden and War the following
year.

Amazing how much your taste can change in a short time.

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

My first concert was also the best I've ever seen since. The Father of Shock Rock, Alice Cooper :twisted: . I was all of eleven years old in '75 when my cousin asked me if I wanted to go with him and some other guys to the concert :shock: . I had never been to a concert before so I was unsure what to expect. Welcome to My Nightmare had just been released so he was on tour for that album. The show was complete with the guillotine, blood, scantily clad women, performers dressed up like black widows and huge balloons filled with money or pamphlets tossed out into the audience, and kick butt music. Totally awesome experience. Way ahead of its time for entertainment value.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Poco, Nitty Gritty Dirt band, and Gram Nash sat in also, Cowtown Ballroom KC MO. 72 or 73 i can't remember

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

T. Rex, somewhere in Wigan, 1971 - the gig was filmed, and snippets of it appear in the doumentary Ringo directed, "Born to Boogie"......I didn't tell the parents I was going, you can imagine how gobsmacked I was when footage of that gig surfaced on Top of the Pops a couple of months later....."Hey Vic, there's a lad in the audience who's the spitting image of you....." I didn't own up till years later.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@spadge)
Estimable Member

How uncanny is it that the post above me, mentions my hometown :)

Anyway my first gig was Def Leppard in 1993 at the start of their Adrenalize tour.

Most recent gig was Dave Gilmour last month.

Next gig, tomorrow night, Australian Pink Floyd in Liverpool

Find all you need in your mind, If you take the time

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2