First Singing Gig

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Wooooooo how cool was that ?

It was after school and I was playing with some friends, my guitar friend wasnt around so I was playing with normal people :P, nah just some friends, but they are not as good and sometimes lose the rhythm, but its okay :D, I was more in a teach-y attitude anyway, giving them advice on stuff and teaching them and what not.

So suddenly I decide to play one of my songs , kinda teach my friends how to do it and after they kinda had it, we played, so who was going to sing ? bam, I pulled out the lyrics, and asked some girls that were listenig to us to sing :D.

So yeah they werent going to like know the melody right from there, so they decided I had to sing, dum dum dum.

Usually when I play around civilians ( people that dont know about music :P ) I have this confident air in how I carry myself, not like cocky, but like confident so the music can really impress them even when its something basic and easy ( well easy for me :D ). But my confident almnost crashed when they asked me to sing, but I pushed myself :D.

So I do sing in my room from time to time, but I had never done it in public, there were like 10 people there :shock:. So I play the intro to my song for a few measures and BAM I open my mouth, and I sing and the girls are visibly impressed :D. And they were like ;Wow you are a good singer I dont know why you said you were a bad singer;

And then they comment on my song, ;wow this song is really deep and beautiful;, :DD awesomeness!

So after I sing it ( just the first and second verse and chorus ) I ask them to sing along, and they ( atleast the two girls that I asked to sing ) sang along with me.

That was so cool, I played, I played my own song, I sang, I sang my own song, I played and sang, I played and sang my own song, and people liked it :D, and I got the girls to get into it too ( which is the whole reason why I play guitar :P, I kid I kid )

You can go check out my song in the SSG forum, its the Week 44 y 7 ( not the one about Chemistry ) the one with no title by me.

I didnt get cash this time, but I enjoyed it alot more, getting to sing my own songs, and having people like my stuff, and getting some people to sing with me ( I let them tape me and I gave them the lyric sheet I had so they would learn it.

Maybe tommorrow we can all sing together :D.

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Congratulations! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Way to go man, never to young start collecting the groupies!!!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, xD.

Im more proud of myself for being able to sing in public, but groupies are good too :D.

I feel Im past that barrier, playing in front of people is fun, its exciting, singing your own songs in front of people is even better, its like exposing your baby to the world, u think its beautiful and you are proud of it, but you want to protect it.

lol oh well, this afternoon was really fun, I hope I keep doing stuff like this.

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Very nice, congrats? It is always healthy to have music and singing, guitars and girls. :wink:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Congrats!!! Singing and playing is good for the soul

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Cool! Congratulations! :D

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Discovering that you can sing AND that you're a chick magnet is quite a double for one day!! :mrgreen:

Singing is a wonderful thing to develop - it's not just a great asset to go with guitar playing, but it's good for the body and soul too. Do some every day, and enjoy every note... 8)

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@eyeplayguitar)
Trusted Member

Nice job man. It's real frustrating to be able to play and sing perfectly in the quiet solitude of your practice room and then fall to pieces as soon as one person is actively listening :(

Find Guitar Teachers

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Way to go! 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote