Clear all

Five year old Les Paul

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Does $300.00 sound about right for a five year old standard Epi Les Paul? I'll be looking at it tomorrow, but from the pictures I've seen, it appears to have a flame top. Any thoughts?

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member

Hello. Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I am in central Ohio also. MT. Vernon to be exact. O-H

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

You can look on eBay for an idea on current used pricing. It doesn't sound too bad a price though. I can't remember what the standards sell for new though.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

$400-$500 new online (no case)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, I was going to say $399 for a plaintop les paul. Thanks everybody. The thing that caught my eye was the flame top and the mint green tuners, gave it a really nice Gibson look.

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

ReplyQuote
(@yashicamat)
Reputable Member

Probably a bit late now, but if it's a 5 year old one there's a chance it's a Koren Epi rather than the newer Chinese versions (changeover was early 2002 IIRC). From what I understand the Korean made ones were superiour. :)

Rob

If something's not worth doing it's worth forgetting about.
Epiphone Les Paul Std - Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ - Takamine EG340SC - Taylor Baby - Grainger Hammerhead 50 - Grainger Valve Five
http://www.youtube.com/yashicamatonline

ReplyQuote
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

That thought crossed my mind, I bought the guitar even though it was "ridden a little harder" than I would have preferred. I haven't seen many brown sunbursts with a flame top like this one. A little cleaning and rub out should make a lot of difference. When I get a chance, I'll see if I can determine its origin from the serial number.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

C'mon people! How many times we gotta ask for pictures on these purchases? :wink:

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@yashicamat)
Reputable Member

While we're on the subject, this is a (rubbish, taken on a video camera) photo of my Epi LP . . . is it a plaintop or a flametop? :?:

Rob

Epiphone Les Paul Std - Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ - Takamine EG340SC - Taylor Baby - Grainger Hammerhead 50 - Grainger Valve Five

ReplyQuote
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

That's a flame top. Now how in the heck did you get in my basement to take that shot? :D Seriously, I checked the serial number and it is a Korean make (Usong factory) from June '02. So, all in all, it wasn't too bad of a deal. Clean it up, fix a couple of chips in the finish and I'm good to go.

ReplyQuote
(@yashicamat)
Reputable Member

Cool. :)

Mine is a May 2000 LP, so also a Korean one with the mint green tuners. :D Mine's a honey sunburst although that pic is actually fairly accurate on the colour for a change!

Rob

ReplyQuote