Notifications
Clear all

Foo Fighters

24 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

My parents were less than impressed my the Foo Fighters, I put on the colour and the shape album in the car and about five tracks in they couldn't take anymore :lol:
I had a similar experience back on the 70's wth KISS, Aerosmith, Springsteen, etc, etc. The family stereo console in the living room was not used much for my music. :lol: :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

I always hope that I will be more tolerant when my children have their music, I don't know if that will actually be true. I mean I probably won't tolerate bands where it's just noise and screaming, but I am amazed at Bruce Springsteen not being liked by a parent.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I always hope that I will be more tolerant when my children have their music, I don't know if that will actually be true. I mean I probably won't tolerate bands where it's just noise and screaming, but I am amazed at Bruce Springsteen not being liked by a parent.
The parental unit I referred to also claimed that Elvis was the greatest guitar player of all time. I did get turned on to some Marty Robins, which I grew to appreciate later in life. Not all was lost. :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

Let see Elvis play voodo chile (slight return) LMAO

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

Just to bring the topic back though, I like foo fighters, I like them on CD a lot. However seeing various live gigs on tv I have never thought Dave Grohl matched the vocal quality he produces in the studio.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I like The Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl is a talented guy.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

I'm a parent and I don't like Bruce Springsteen lol

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I'm a parent and I don't like Bruce Springsteen lol

:lol: Where's the pictures?????

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

My parents were less than impressed my the Foo Fighters, I put on the colour and the shape album in the car and about five tracks in they couldn't take anymore :lol:
I had a similar experience back on the 70's wth KISS, Aerosmith, Springsteen, etc, etc. The family stereo console in the living room was not used much for my music. :lol: :lol:

I dunno . . . my Mom was kinda fond of Black Sabbath for doing housework. I'd come home to the lampshades rattling. She turned me on to a lot of big band stuff too.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2