Clear all

Garrison Guitars?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

im looking for an acoustic guitar in the $500 range. i ran across some Garrison acoustics in my local shop, and luckily they had a couple lefties in stock (G-20 for $499 and G-30 for $529). i played both, and love the way they look, feel and sound, though im particularly fond of the G-20. my only reservation is that when i look Garrison up on e-bay, the used guitars dont seem to hold their value well.
does anyone here have experience with this brand? is there something 'bad' about these guitars that im missing? thanks for any feedback!

Dan

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

They use a pre-formed fiberglass bracing and binding structure, which gives them some "production line" manufacturing efficiencies and allows them to cut costs. That let's them add nice features like solid woods, tusq nut and saddle, etc. while keeping the price down. They seem to export many of their guitars to Australia, Europe and some parts of Asia, from what I've read.

I played one of their cedar and birchwood guitars recently and thought it was okay. Different, not bad, but not what I was looking for. Not sure which model it was. I've heard their G series is better than the lower-priced AG series.

If you like the feel and sound but are concerned about resale, then buy a used one. :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thanks for the reply, Slej. purchasing a used Garrison would be ideal, but i havent been able to find any lefties out there. i was actually surprised to find two new left-handed models at the local shop.

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

It looks like it was meant to be, buy both!!!

ReplyQuote