GAS bigtime!

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Damn Guitar Player.

Thanks to this month's issue I want a baritone guitar. I like the Schecter, dunno what it's called. Gorgeous. Few questions though:

-Can I run it through my guitar amp? (5-watt tube)
-Is there anything I should look at before the Shecter?

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

baritones are cool. I like the sound of them in first wave country.
yes, you can play it in your amp.
not sure what is out there. the originals from the early 60's Are probably rare.
Fender may have new ones. Schrecter is a good company.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

You can also get a baritone neck and use it on one of your "project guitars" if you will. Might save you some money down the road and you can use a guitar you already feel comfortable with. Who knows? You might start a rush of "Squier 51 baritones!" :wink:

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I could do that...but then I'd have to buy a '51 and a baritone neck :wink:

Think I'm gonna talk to the local music shop about getting the Schecter bari in.

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

baritones are cool. I like the sound of them in first wave country.
yes, you can play it in your amp.
not sure what is out there. the originals from the early 60's Are probably rare.
Fender may have new ones. Schrecter is a good company.

The latest Guitar Player magazine has a great article about seven brand new baritones by Danelectro, Eastwood, Fender, Gretsch, MJ Guitars, Shecter, and Steinberger. That's what made me want one.

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Oh, yeah, thanks to Bumblefoot/Ron Thal I want a fretless too. Any ideas?

ReplyQuote