Clear all

GAS is over, Agile AL-3100 is here

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@enosmac1972)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well, I decided to move up from my entry level Dean Vendetta XM. I looked at many a guitar, including more Dean's, Fenders, Epiphones. I finally decided on a Agile. From what everyone has said and from what I read after tons of research it sounded like they were the best bang for the buck. So when Rondomusic sent out an email to whoever was on their list last week about new stock before it went out on its website, I immediately bought an AL-3100 Cherry Sunburst before they went out of stock again.

It came in today. I can not state how impressed I am. I asked Kurt at Rondo if he could pick one with some mojo and nice low action, and I think he did just that. The setup out of the box is just near perfect. Just a very tinsy fret buzz, and I mean very small. But the action is so damn low I think it amazing. Being a medium-heavy picker, I can't believe it. When I pick light, no buzz at all. I think it could be solved just by raising the bridge a fraction of a hair. I'll wait to make any adjustment until she gets used to the humid Florida weather.

The sounds I get out of it are amazing. The pickups are Alnico Vs, and they are fantastic. Very, very close to Gibson's Les Pauls, from what I've heard and by comparisons on youtube and such.

The Craftmanship is suberb. There is one minor blemish. On the headstock, it looks as if the binding was rubbed, and it is white. Not exactly chipped, kinda hard to say. I've tried to take a pic, but don't know if you can tell.

The frets are outstanding. No uneven edges, and the binding is great. I really couldn't find any shortcuts in workmanship.

If anyone is at all thinking of picking up an Agile, I highly recommend it. You will not be let down. Like I said the only thing I can find wrong is the very small blemish on the headstock, but I'm definitely keeping it anyway, and it has a great setup and action to it.

She's a little on the light side also, coming in at 9.06 Pounds.

Here are some pics. Sorry for my crappy camera, it takes horrible inside pics.

Here are a couple of the blemish. Kinda hard to make out and photograph.

Agile AL-3100 Cherry Sunburst Slim Neck (2008)
Dean Vendetta XM (2008)
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Line 6 TonePort UX1
Marshall MS-2 5W

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I like the cherry burst. Congrats & enjoy! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Told you so! :mrgreen:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@enosmac1972)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Told you so! :mrgreen:

Yep, I think I'll believe you whenever you say something now :D

Agile AL-3100 Cherry Sunburst Slim Neck (2008)
Dean Vendetta XM (2008)
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Line 6 TonePort UX1
Marshall MS-2 5W

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Really nice guitar!

Congrats! :D

PS. Hey! I use the same air freshener! :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

That is beautiful. I really like the binding!

Congrats!!!! 8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Beautiful!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I love my Agile. They are an awesome deal, even with a looming price increase.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Very Nice, congrats

ReplyQuote