Clear all

Getting Guitar Lessons

16 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@xposed)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey all, I was just wondering if you could get guitar lessons from any one guitarists, who might that be?

Mine would be Jack Johnson

(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Good question. Maybe it belongs in opinions and polls?

hmmm...I would have to say Jeff Beck for obvious reasons...

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

No question about it, I'd want to take lessons from Jimmy Page. 8)

Blues, Rock, Folk, Celtic, the man is a wealth of knowledge. :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@jocko)
Trusted Member

Have to be Pheobe Buffey for me.

45 years playing and still rubbish.

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Have to be Pheobe Buffey for me.

Phoebe to Joey, discussing his progress playing guitar - "You really nailed the old lady!"

Right now I would have to say John Petrucci. Really digging his solo album at the moment. His melodic, progressive style sounds great to my ears.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

How 'bout we all take a guitar lesson from god himself - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_pAG9cUZKg&search=Eric%20Clapton

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@saber)
Reputable Member

Hey, that's pretty cool. Something to aspire to I guess.

"Like the coldest winter chill. Heaven beside you. Hell within." -Jerry Cantrell

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I like Kingpatzer myself. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@whoelse)
Estimable Member

Gotta be David Gilmour for me! Lots of musicians play with soul, but the soulful sounds he creates are the best IMO. 8)

Now that he's said he's done with Pink Floyd :cry: :cry: :cry: maybe he'll start giving guitar lessons on the side to keep his income up :lol: . Sign me up if he does. The May '06 issue of Guitar World has some "lessons" and an interview with Gilmour if you're interested.

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Well Eric Clapton for me and if he unavailable then one on one with

none other the Guitar Noise legend

David Hodge :lol: :lol:

( looking for brownie points here ) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Myself.I hope to be so good a player someday....

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Already getting them from my first pick but if you mean someone famous I would say BB King.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

It's been my experience that people that are very good at something usually make very poor teachers. Having said that my choice would be Carter Stanley, just because it would be cool to hang out with him and swap licks.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@phingerboard)
Trusted Member

I already have met the good fortune of taking lessons from the first person that would come to mind.

Wore out his band's record when I was a kid, and to this day it's still my favorite.

It's a relatively unknown guy from a relatively unknown band, but I wouldn't switch to anybody else, except maybe Jimi Hendrix. MAYBE.

Best Guitar Sites | Guitar Players Lick Better

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I guess I'd be giving Noteboat a call. More so then with my 'guitar heroes' I kinda have the feeling Tom knows what he is doing and is able to explain that to others. I don't see Eric Clapton correcting errors in my technique...

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2