Notifications
Clear all

Gibson Les Paul Tradition

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jb_fan77)
Topic starter  

I am just posting to talk about this guitar. Do you guys like it or not? Think its a good guitar? Feedback? Would you like one?

(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

You're basically getting a stripped down les paul. There are a lot better Les Paul like guitars out there for a lot less mooola. I personally like the Tokai Love Rock for around $600 as a very accurate les paul sound and feel (plus real rose wood neck), then you have the Agiles (sp?) that some people love and they cost peanuts. And there is the old Epiphone's that look the part and have some obscure connection to the brand, though I think they too are a bit over priced in reference to what else is out there and they aren't very accurate to the Paul they just look the part and can cop the vibe pretty well.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

they look good to me. typical lp. they're very heavy, though. if you're giving them away, i'll take one.
never played a tokai, but agiles don't sound that good. they're not terrible, but you'd probably have to at least switch out the electronics. i've heard good things about heritage guitars, but they're expensive, too.

ReplyQuote
(@apparition)
Trusted Member

I personally like les Pauls. They are heavy and expensive but any solid body guitar with a maple, mahogany blend will be heavy. And just like anything else you buy, you're gonna spend a lot extra for the name alone. A lot of people don't like the chunky neck, but I have big hands so it doesn't bother me. There are plenty of guitars that look like a les paul that sound great, but man, nothing beats that feeling you get jamming on a les paul. Powered through a Marshall stack., something I've only experienced in a music store, but it has me hooked and trying to figure out how I'm gonna save for one

Tiger striped maple cherry Sunburst....I can't even finnish the thought without drooling

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i have small hands, but never thought the necks were big.

ReplyQuote
(@apparition)
Trusted Member

It's not so much the size as the shape. It's neck is a little thicker compared to, say, a strat neck.

ReplyQuote
(@tool-freak)

I own a 2008 traditional gold top and I love it. It isn't chambered; weighs between 10 and 11 pounds, but that's what I wanted. I'm not particularly fond of chambered Les Paul's. I think it affects the tone of the instrument. My guitar does have a beefier, 50's styled neck; once again, that was my preference. I have however taken the stock '57 humbuckers out and replaced them with a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge pickup, and a Seymour Duncan Jazz (SH-2) in the neck pickup. I'm a big fan of this pickup combination. I will put these pickups in any other Les Paul I buy from now on.

ReplyQuote