Clear all

Gibson Robot Les Paul

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@catcha)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

A bit undecided but if I can lay my hands on one I think its got to be worth a punt for a new years pressie to myself.

Still it just seems a bit tacky , I'll miss manual tuning , but for gigging its going to save on taking several guitars or retuning pre song as long as is got the Gibbo tone .

Anyone seen one in the flesh or played with one yet , tone , neck / feel any good , guess they are going to be a bit scarce for a while in UK and Ive not cought a preview in a mag yet

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WetVXbYRfWk

http://www.gibson.com/robotguitar/RobotGuitarVideoVoting.aspx

Dont give a shite about punctuation or spelling , I have to do that all day at work.
Free times for rocking !!

Rune
(@rune)
Trusted Member

No need to miss manual tuning. From what I saw you can tug out the tuning head from the mechanism and fine tune it manually to your heart's content.

Too bad these are so expensive. :

It's a dry heat!

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

check the search feature at the top right, there are already at least 2 threads about this.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@catcha)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

No need to miss manual tuning. From what I saw you can tug out the tuning head from the mechanism and fine tune it manually to your heart's content.

Too bad these are so expensive. :

Yeah bit expensive and here in the UK in Birminghams main music outlet , bit of a round trip and not long got back Fridays in the UKs second city are hell for traffic .
They already had 7 of thier allocated 10 paid for , so I took the plunge and threw my money down hopefully for a December 7th delivery , only in Blue though .

Been doing a lot of overtime and its only my second guitar purchase this year so not so bad also as its limited edition till next years roll out here IF it does turn out to be a bit of a lemon , it will go on Ebay a bit quick :)
Probably the fastest Ive ever decided to buy a guitar but Im prepared to take the risk with 3 gigs Xmas week I thought it would give some of the regulars something to smile about , we usually do something a bit different/fun whilst everyones merry over the holiday period (did a version of Watchtower using ToysRus kiddies guitars amped up last year for the encore , sounded a bit like Wayne Coyne and The Flaming Lips doing Hendrix but was real fun :oops: ) and if it does arrive in time for me to dream up some sort of routine with the Bassist Im sure they wont be expecting or have seen this before .
Havent even told the bassist what I've ordered yet .
First time I've paid for a guitar without at least an hours testrun for many years it just appeals both as novelty (we are a bit of a novelty fun band) and for the ease of open tunings for our more serious Stones type dates .

Shame though that there doesnt seem to be any indepentent previews or techie tests on it yet , at least not in any of the UK mags I checked on my way there today.
Still I'm quite sure that gibson quality control would have given them all a decent "wet test" especially the first batch.
If anyone has a link to a preview or review Id be grateful , done a search nothing showing on any of the muso forums I frequent :)

Im gonna be like a kid waiting for Santa till it comes :oops:

Dont give a shite about punctuation or spelling , I have to do that all day at work.
Free times for rocking !!

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Quite cool!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@itchard)
Trusted Member

Am I the only one that thinks these seem a bit...tacky?

I'm no Fender fanboy but...I'd much rather go for a VG than that.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Am I the only one that thinks these seem a bit...tacky?
I don't know if tacky is the word (I don't know all the meanings of the English words) but, yes, I don't like it. I remember a Arjen's post in one of those old threads previously mentioned on this guitar about the importance of tuning by ear. It was a typical Arjen's post but I agreed with him.

The VG is also another thing to me. It is more like a "guitar emulator", similar to some Line 6 models (I guess).

ReplyQuote