Clear all

Gibson Silverburst Les Paul

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@nexion)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Anyone know where to find one? They use to have the reissue in stock at Musicians Friend, but I cant seem to find it there anymore. Ive tried google and ebay and both failed.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I hate to be negative ColoradoFenderBender, but here it is:

The first guitar you posted is the correct guitar. But it is in bad condition and something just didn't seem right about it (scam radar was going nuts). He had also added a trem that I wasn't too fond of.

I'm not really interested in Epiphone.

But thanks for your effort to hlep CFB!

I am looking for either the vintage Gibson Les Paul Custom Silverburst from 79-82 or a reissue, as long as it is in good condition. I am guessing that the vintage will be harder to find, but for some reason I can't find the reissue either. Like I said, there use to be a few in stock at Musicians Friend and a few other places, but now I can't find them anywhere.

Anybody know if they stopped making the Silverburst reissue?

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@les-paul-matt)
Eminent Member

Ive never seen Silverburst LP. Can someone link a pic?

ReplyQuote
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member

Hey Nexion,

About (3) years ago my wife and I saw one at Guitar Center and it was a re-issue (2003??). We passed on it and the next year I just happened to find one on the internet for sale through Sam Ash (it was in Tampa, FL). I snatched it up then and I haven't really seen any out there since.

Mine is a 2003 Gibson Les Paul Custom. I paid 2,800 for it (worth every penny). It plays very well and it gets a lot of attention when I bring out of the case. If you have any questions feel free to write and good luck with your search (be patient).

BTW I'm NOT selling mine :)

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

*whistle*
some guitar!

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

This is going to have to be put off for a while, most of my savings went to plant a new seed 8) :wink: :
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Stiletto-Studio4-Bass?sku=516752

- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

Doesnt Adam Jones from Tool buy every Silverburst LP he can lay his hands on? He must have them all.

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Adam Jones does use the Silverburst, probably where Nexion got the interest in one, from the picture as did I when I first discovered Tool. I couldn't possibly afford one though, being in school, but if when I'm working, I see one, I'm going to have to buy it regardless. Good luck though Nexion, I'm liking the new bass by the way.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote