GN Members Roll call

95 Posts
62 Users
0 Likes
19.4 K Views
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

I just turned 49 this past weekend

Location: Greenville, FL (you know the movie "Ray", abut Ray Charles, when he was a little kid, living with his mom? That's the place.)

Equipment:
Epiphone Sheraton
Fender Stratocaster
Takamine G-? (6-string acoustic)
A fretless electric bass that is made from the body, bridge and tuning heads of a 1972 Fender Jazz, neck pickguard wiring knobs and potentiometers from Stewart McDonald, EMG Select pickups, and I finally got the thumb rest and chrome pick-up covers with the chrome bridge cover on the way, and black nylon Fender strings (this has been an ongoing project for YEARS!)
Fender Hot Rod Deville Amp
Line 6 Delay Modeler
Line 6 Modulation Modeler
Dan Electro Black Licorace Distortion
Morley Fuzz-Wah-Volume pedal (but I only ever use it as a Volume pedal)
Lexicon MX-200 Dual Reverb Effects Processor
Lexicon Omega Desktop Recording System
E-machines PC upgraded to 768 RAM
Cubase Software

and a sitar, mandolin, ukelale, occarina, a few harmonicas, and some actually nice Yamaha Keyboard that I bought for my son years ago but he never learned and I keep considering selling it, but think some day I might actually use it.

Oh yeah: how long have I been playing. I bought my first guitar in 1978. (29 years? :shock: ) Even though I always tormented all my friends that had guitars by coming over and playing them, I didn't really start until I got that first guitar. 1972 Fender Mustang. I wish I still had it.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

You could get a song out of that Vic... 8) Mid-life Male Menopause Blues.

"Don't need no stinkin' sports car, don't need no stinkin' bike
Just gimme my Squier Tele, and turn on the amp and mic".... :wink:

"I'm 44 years old with a chip on my shoulder, thought I'd get wise but I just got older
Can't see my feet can't touch my toes, need a 25 yr old woman to heal my woes
I got those mid-life crisis male menopause blues"

Sound like the Blues...

I hear a heart-beat shuffle and a harmonica 8)

OK...Vic has to fill in the rest....

....So if your down son, I've got some bad news
You've got the mid-life crisis male menopause blues...

...Bend your knees, grab your axe and go play with your toys
We're gonna figure out how to make some Guitar Noise...

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

Age UGH Celebrated my 491/2 birthday

So which was it? Four-hundred-and-ninety-first or four-hundred-and-ninety-second? I suppose if you're that advanced in years, one birthday's pretty much the same as another....you do look remarkably well for it though!

Sorry Kath - couldn't resist!

No, Vic, it is a half birthday. Specifically, 491 / 2 = 245.5 ;) :lol:

Sorry Kath! :D

Ok Guys, enough fun for you. My nice word program usually makes that 1/2 look pretty. Let's go with 49.5 before you all have me as old as Methusela! Don't make me hit you with my cane!!

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

I'm 44 years old with a chip on my shoulder, thought I'd get wise but I just got older
Can't see my feet can't touch my toes, need a 25 yr old woman to heal my woes
I got those mid-life crisis male menopause blues"
Great lines. :D :D

Reminded me of something I once read alone the lines of "You don't actually get any wiser with age, but by the time you're old enough to discover this it's now in your own interest to try and help keep the myth going..."

Sounds like you write good songs. I hope we'll hear more. 8)

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Age: I'll only admit to being post 39 - ancient to anyone under 35 - middle age is like a death nell for a women in Australia. Your considered still a young man though if your 46 and a polititon, a bit weird really.
Location : on the border of NSW and QLD, Australia ie Tweed Heads/ Coolangatta.
Gear: Cort Acoustic, nice cherry red Epiphony Special SG, nice entry level electric; Celtic mandolin; classical mandolin.
Mandolin I played from 9 years old til 14. Then off an on for three years recently.
Guitar: about 4 years all up :)

ReplyQuote
(@hyunjae)
Trusted Member

Gear

Dean Hartail Select (my faithful Roxanne 8) )

No name Classical

Rogue Herringbone 12-String Acoustic (kills my fingers :cry: )

and a VoxVT30 :P

Guitar: Around ten monthes now? :? (learning Sweet Child O Mine, Canon Rock, Stairway to Heaven... how's my progress? Or... am I rushing it?)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Reminded me of something I once read alone the lines of "You don't actually get any wiser with age, but by the time you're old enough to discover this it's now in your own interest to try and help keep the myth going..."That sounds like getting wiser to me. :wink:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I also started at 13, but that was a whole lot of years ago! And, yes, a head start is always good! Keep after it!!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@timezone)
Estimable Member

I'm 28 and live in Poughkeepsie NY. If I turn up my amp loud enough, maybe Voidious would hear me. ;) I've been playing just shy of three years.

Guitars:
Saga LP knockoff
Hondo strat knockoff
Fender '69 thinline tele reissue <= only one I spent a lot of money on.
My guitar instructor says, for someone who makes decent money, I sure play crappy guitars (other than the tele). :lol:
Looking for a good strat.

Amps:
'94 Crate VC20. Loud. But it's got a MV which works pretty well, so it's all good.
Weber 6M45P (50W EL34 Marshall-like amp). WAAAY loud. Even with the attenuator it's pretty touchy.
Would like to find a vintage Deluxe Reverb or maybe a Super Reverb, but the Super probably falls in the WAAY loud category.

Random stuff:
homemade TS808, homemade fuzz pedal, 70s MXR 6-band EQ, 70s DoD clean boost, washburn Bad Dog wah (probably to be replaced with the new Dunlop Jimi Hendrix wah - whenever they get around to releasing the thing).

TZ

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Name: Kevin
What I play?: Squier '51 into a vox v847 wah into a digitech hot head distortion into a Roland 15X Cube
How long?: Almost 7 months now

I'm like the youngest active member here, it seems.

Nope!

I'm 15, just turned 15 a few weeks ago on June 5th.
I live in Gander, Newfoundland, which a lot of people don't seem to realize is actually part of Canada :wink:
I play an Epiphone SG into a Digitech RP300 Multi-effects pedal into a Washburn acoustic guitar amp, unplugged I play an Oscar Schimdt acoustic-electric-fairly cheap but I like it.
And I've been playing a year and a half now.

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

hi all Rodders = Rod (ala) Rodney

Age = 52

Location Just outside the City of Cheltenham in the Cotswolds of the United Kingdom

Tools of the trade are

Guitars
Fender USA Strat
Epiphone Dot deluxe 335
Epiphone les paul studio deluxe (latest)
Yamaha CPX900 elctro acoustic

Amps
Vox AD30VT
Fender G-Dec
Marshall AS100D

Accesories
Korg Toneworks Pandora
E-Bow
Boss RC-2 Loop station
Boss AC-2 Acoustic simulator

Will be getting
Boss ML-2 Metal core when the price comes down :lol: :lol:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hey Rodders - you got rid of that nice Takamine acoustic? The CPX900 must be a real sweetie if you've let that go....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

To be honest Vic, yes the Yamaha is the better of the two.
The Takamine is still on the premises but it now belongs to my eldest son as I gifted it to him when he expressed an interest in learning the guitar.
That was about six months ago and he hasn't picked it up sinse his first attempt at making a C chord.
I have a feeling it may be up for sale soon :wink:
The Yamaha is very very user friendly, the best action from a factory setup I have ever seen and tone to die for unplugged and even better amp'ed up.

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@hyunjae)
Trusted Member

Name: Kevin
What I play?: Squier '51 into a vox v847 wah into a digitech hot head distortion into a Roland 15X Cube
How long?: Almost 7 months now

I'm like the youngest active member here, it seems.

Nope!

I'm 15, just turned 15 a few weeks ago on June 5th.
I live in Gander, Newfoundland, which a lot of people don't seem to realize is actually part of Canada :wink:
I play an Epiphone SG into a Digitech RP300 Multi-effects pedal into a Washburn acoustic guitar amp, unplugged I play an Oscar Schimdt acoustic-electric-fairly cheap but I like it.
And I've been playing a year and a half now.

But... four posts ago I said I was 13 =x

*hides in corner and silently sobs*

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

But... four posts ago I said I was 13 =x

*hides in corner and silently sobs*

Trust me, when you're young, you want to be older and when you're older, you want to be younger.

Stay young!

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 7