Skip to content
Going to see the Ch...

Notifications
Clear all

Going to see the Chili Peppers Thursday...

16 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm going to see the Chili Peppers Thursday...and I am stoked....I can't wait to see them. I'm taking my 13 year son with me - he's a huge 'classic' rock fan - Zep, Floyd, Chili Peppers,etc. (must be the good upbringing :D )

I've never seen RCHP live before, but I really dig John Frusciante's playing. I have a feeling I'll be breaking out the Strat a lot more in the future!

I'll let you guys know how the show was!

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

(@baldwin)
Trusted Member

Lucky you! I'm jealous.

Let us know how the show is.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

You guys have fun. John Frusciante is pretty amazing. Should be a great show.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member

Im sure youll have tons of fun. I saw them at VirginFest in september with the Who and it was amazing.

"This is a public service announcement....with guitars!"

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

OMG. I had a ticket to see them this past week in NYC but I missed it because I got the day mixed up. I had terrible seats anyway....They're my favorite band ever....

ReplyQuote
(@niklas)
Reputable Member

Have fun!

I'm going the chili peppers concert here in Stockholm. Already very excited about it. I also really like Frusciante's guitar playing.

"Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage."

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

MAN I AM JEALOUS! My fav. band of all time save led zep. I only wish I would have realized they were playing here in Minneapolis before tickets were all sold out.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I saw them play in Holland on tv. Even if they only play half as good you'll be in for an awesome evening. Fusciante doesn't seem to care much about how things are played on the album, so prepare yourself for some excellent improvisations. Have fun! :D

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i just walked in the door from seeing them.

you are in for an AMAZING night. i cant sleep now.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@sticky)
Trusted Member

Cool! I saw them a few times BITD, I think the best encore I saw them do was Nervous Breakdown by Black Flag. That was a Chicago show at the Riviera, Fishbone opened.

Enjoy!

How do you know if a drummer is knocking on your door.....

The knocking speeds up.

ReplyQuote
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

here's my report:

The show was amazing......lighting was very cool and the band sounded fantastic.

Flea is not human - he plays bass like no one else I've ever seen.

Anthony sings as well live as on the CD's

Frusciante is much better live than on the CD's - he really cuts loose on his solos. I don't think I've ever heard a better live guitar sound. Long live the stratocaster......although he did play a black Les Paul on "Readymade"

Only negative was the opening act - Mars Volta......it was 50 minutes of ear splitting noise - no sense of melody or song construction - just heavy rhythm with bad improv crap on top (sorry if there are any Mars re-volta fans, but JEEZ - they managed to suck and blow at the same time :oops: )

Now if my ears would just stop ringing... :D

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like a good time :D Those guys are great!!

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Cool, glad to hear you enjoyed yourself! :D
Anthony sings as well live as on the CD's
That's called auto-pitch, he uses it on every show and recording. :D

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Glad to hear you had fun, except for that opening act! :shock: I'd love to see those guys some day, RHCP that is! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i saw the Mars Volta live last year when I saw the Chili Peppers play and I couldn't stand them. But then I bought their CD because John Frusciante palyed on one of their songs and I like the CD! Now I'm a fan (somewhat anyway).

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2