0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

:shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqAuuIDU2sw

(@rahul)
Famed Member

Nice video. Great one. Awesome. Bewildering. Amazing.......(all youtubes are infact.)

Another awesome thing is that my post count got increased by one.

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo-child)

Thanks for the link. Simply amazing! They make it look so easy.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

That was excellent. :wink:

Well, not to sound like a sermon, but that was easy. Really. Probably most of the players here could learn those solos easily, there wasn't so much to them.

But that is exactly the point. :wink:

One of the sure signs of an amateur musician is that they overplay. They play more than the pros. I realized this many years ago. I would play along with my favorite songs on the radio or recordings and I realized that I played far more notes than the artist on the recording. I was super-noodling. :D

But these great guitarists play very simple lines. And they do not overplay. They leave you wanting to hear more. When you play a million notes people can't wait for you to stop.

It's really that simple. Leave 'em wanting more.

You can also see the importance of vibrato. Both players can really milk a single note. They can make it sing and sustain. If your notes sound short and your solos sound like the song chopsticks, you gotta learn to make the notes sing and sustain. This will make your solos flow, they will be musical.

Sorry for the lecture, but that was two good things a guitarist can learn from that video.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo-child)

I need every lecture I can get. I'm still working my way up to Chop Sticks. :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

hehe, couldnt help but think in the middle of that vid when they exchanging licks - id love to see the look on Gary Moore's face if BB just randomly popped out with some abosolute lightning shred run :lol: ...maybe something like :? :shock:

BB really is the most relaxed player I've ever seen. heh, maybe I should try putting my arm down by my side inbetween licks to practice that BB-controled playing.

ReplyQuote
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member

That was excellent. :wink:

Well, not to sound like a sermon, but that was easy. Really. Probably most of the players here could learn those solos easily, there wasn't so much to them.

But that is exactly the point. :wink:

One of the sure signs of an amateur musician is that they overplay. They play more than the pros. I realized this many years ago. I would play along with my favorite songs on the radio or recordings and I realized that I played far more notes than the artist on the recording. I was super-noodling. :D

But these great guitarists play very simple lines. And they do not overplay. They leave you wanting to hear more. When you play a million notes people can't wait for you to stop.

It's really that simple. Leave 'em wanting more.

You can also see the importance of vibrato. Both players can really milk a single note. They can make it sing and sustain. If your notes sound short and your solos sound like the song chopsticks, you gotta learn to make the notes sing and sustain. This will make your solos flow, they will be musical.

Sorry for the lecture, but that was two good things a guitarist can learn from that video.

Indeed...a well know fingerstyle guitarist once said..."A good guitarist knows what to play, a great guitarist knows what not to play"...good advice Wes....

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Wes is 100% right. WHen I was wathcing this video I was like "COME ON KEEP GOING!" and when they did it made it so much better. This is why I love the blues.

BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, Albert King- some of the best blues players of all time. I love it. Beautiful.

And yea, that video was great. Never saw it before. What year did that happen?

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi,

I reckon that tubby guy in the green jacket could do OK if he keeps practising, and learns a few more notes..... :wink: :wink:

Seriously though that was a delight to see and hear. Even his silences sound better than mine.... :) :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

B.B.'s been quoted as saying that he'd be a lot better player, but he never practices. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I like how their left hands are moving more than the right hand.
vibrato.
the tone is in the fingers. 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

i was just listening to two people talk.

ReplyQuote
(@indiana_jonesin)
Estimable Member

i was just listening to two people talk.

Yeah, one of the most intelligent conversations I've heard in a while!

"Yes and an old guitar is all that he can afford,
when he gets up under the lights to play his thing..."-Dire Straits
http://www.myspace.com/misterpete42

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Sometimes ya just see and hear alot more in a video than ya ever could if you were in the audience.

Eric

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

man, that was incredible. Thanks for posting!

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2