Notifications
Clear all

Great Acoustic Guitar Albums/Songs to Listen to

18 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Although not the tradtional style of acoustic music, Pearl Jam's "Live at Benaroyal Hall", and Godsmack's "Other Side" are great albums that use acoustic guitars in a rock setting.

Also, check out the Billy Idol Storytellers DVD. Some great acoustic numbers on there.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

Anything by Nick Drake.

Anything by Elliott Smith.

In Your Honor (Disc II) by Foo Fighters.

Also, Jar of Flies is a great album by Alice In Chains that is mostly acoustic.

Anything by Estas' Tonne'.

I met Estas' performing on the Promenade in Santa Monica California, he is the most talented and passionate guitarist I have ever seen. He is a Russian gypsy and he performs in the streets all across America. You should really check him out here:
http://abaloneepictures.com/
I HIGHLY recommend his work, you can purchase his CDs and a DVD on that site.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I'll back up your Nick Drake and Alice in Chains recommendations. I can't believe I forgot to mention them.

The second disc of Pearl Jam's Lost Dogs has a lot of great acoustic material too.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2