Clear all

Greatest Electric Rock Guitarist

128 Posts
42 Users
0 Likes
19.6 K Views
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

As has Carlos Santana, but that still doesn't qualify Django as a rock guitarist, which I believe was the premise of the thread

I agree that it doesn't make him a rock guitarist anymore than Robert Johnson is a rock guitarist because he influenced Clapton, Richards, etc. I just disagreed with greybeard's comment that Django had no influence on rock guitar, when clearly he has.

ReplyQuote
(@luvgilmour)
Estimable Member

David Gilmour has been voted "Fender's Greatest Player"...

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/news/0602074.html

I'll only be down there (in the basement practicing) for a couple of minutes or so...
My SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=470725

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Well I gave Stairway To Heaven a try. I didn't like it. It was too mellow and slow for my tastes and didn't do much for me. The last minute or so isn't bad though. Again, I'm not saying it's a bad song, just that I didn't like it. But this is coming from someone not into classic rock very much.

ReplyQuote
(@tonedeaf)
Trusted Member

back to the question... the answer is, steve howe

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

By the title of the thread -- Hendrix
By the title of the poll -- Charlie Christen

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member

Hendrix was awsume, my opinion on his playing has nothing to do with the fact that he died young, it's merely based on the facts...OK so then u had to flip the guitar over for it to be a lefty, so that on top of just plain learning...

So maybe I'm obsessed, but I had trouble (only a few seconds of poundering) choosing between Jimi Hendrix and Carlos Santana (another one of my altime favorites...)

Join the fight to stop global warming...
Join the virtual march at: http://www.stopglobalwarming.org
We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

What about "The Worst Rock Guitarist"? I think that would make for an interesting poll.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

By the title of the thread -- Hendrix
By the title of the poll -- Charlie Christen

Although the first is very much a personal opinion (and with merit), I think you've hit upon an arguably logical answer for the poll question. Christian is pretty much the seed (acorn?) of the electric guitar players' evolutionary tree. He was talented, somewhat unique, electrified, and inspired many blues, country and jazz players to try amplification.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

What about "The Worst Rock Guitarist"? I think that would make for an interesting poll.

$##( (^&$#(@ (*$)_(@& (*@& )@^$^%%&^#*@( (*@&$ ($(@*((%&&^#@%^$&^$%&%#&@%&@^%&%$&^@%$&^@%$&^%@&$^%@&^$%& ^$@%&^^(@%^(# &%(& %(*&^*&^@(*$&^@$&@_(&*$^!*#&^&!^*#(&^!#%(*)&^@_($*&_(#*&@_$^)*!&$#^(&^%!#(&*^%^)($@_(*&_$(*^&)*!^%!(*&^%!(&^%!#&%#(!)*&$^!)(^$ ( (*@!$^(_*!$& _(&!$ _(!)! $) (!*$^ _(*!$^_()!&_( (*!&)() &*$Y&^*$@^%&^%!(#*^&%$# )@!_*()&^!#)(_* _)&!($#

NO!!!

:D :D :D

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I saw a commercial with a guy playing a guitar with having oven mits on. My vote is for him.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

All the people who conduct these polls and those who participate in it are utter darn fools who have no time but to critisise the other players.

Let us see the critics cut out a good solo and earn millions.If they cannot , then they can happily shove their heads in the potty.

Don't hold back like that, you're among friends here.
Tell us how you really feel

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

All the people who conduct these polls and those who participate in it are utter darn fools who have no time but to critisise the other players.

Let us see the critics cut out a good solo and earn millions.If they cannot , then they can happily shove their heads in the potty.

Might want to lurk a bit longer, and get a feel for the place before posting more of these enlightened little nuggets.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I hate to tell you this but your post is infact a criticism, and is also directed towards other players. So you are criticising other players too.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Ah Este - my zero..... :roll:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

This must be Post Of The Day. Posting in a poll criticising others for criticisng others in a poll. Can't get better then that!

As for voting, hard one. I stick with Hendrix and the thread-subject, wouldn't know if it was about the poll subject.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 9