24 K Views
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Slej,

I like that good one

How about...We are Family...I got all my sisters with me

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@voidious)
Estimable Member

Oh yeah, I also *love* the theme song to Law & Order, especially the SVU version. :oops:

-- Voidious

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Itsy-Bitsy Spider.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Wang Chung rocks!

Darn right, Ric!

A quick summation:
I think you, me and cnev are on side with Wang Chung.
And there's Dan T, cnev and me down with Nena.
So all we have to do now is convince the rest of the world!
:)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

LOL great thread.

I've got lots of bad songs I love, some are pretty old. I always loved Yummy, Yummy, Yummy (I've Got Love In My Tummy), and I'm So Dizzy. A Little Bit Me (A Little Bit You) by the Monkees, Seasons in the Sun.....

I could go on and on, lots of corny songs I like. I liked Wang Chung too.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

The new Paul McCartney song.
you cannot hide. I got a pie for you. :D

ummm - would that be a flaming pie? :wink:

Guilty pleasures? Got to be 60's pop music - songs like "Love is Strange" by Mickey and Sylvia (The Dirty Dancing soundtrack is a guilty pleasure all of its own....) "Eloise" by Paul and Barry Ryan, "24 Hours From Tulsa" by Gene Pitney, "He's In Town" by The Rockin' Berries, "Legend of Xanadu" by Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick and Titch, "Hippy Hippy Shake" by the Swinging Blue Jeans....I could go on all night. Yeah, these days I listen to mostly classic rock - but there's always a place on my stereo for some real cheesy old pop music.

And of course the glam-rock bands - Slade, T.Rex, Sweet. Mud, Suzi Quatro etc from when I was about 14 or so.... hell, I liked those records then - songs like Ride a White Swan, Mama Weer All Crazee Now, Little Willy, Tiger Feet, Devil Gate Drive - I've got a lot of memories invested in them!

And let me put the record straight - there is absolutely no truth whatsoever that I once bought a David Cassidy LP. Well OK there is - but it wasn't for me, it was for my then girlfriend. For my thoughtfulness, I had to listen to the bloody thing every time I went round to her house! It got worse - one of my mates saw me purchasing said offending article, and spread the story round school. Boy, did my street cred take a dive! I had to make sure the next month or so, everywhere I went I was seen with a Roxy Music, Led Zep, Deep Purple, Bowie, Lou Reed or Mott The Hoople album under my arm. Those were tough times for a teenage would-be rocker!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

Petula Clark. I can put on the greatest hits CD and sing along to every tune right now.

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Petula Clark. I can put on the greatest hits CD and sing along to every tune right now.

I've only got "Downtown" "I couldn't live without your love" "Kiss Me Goodbye" and "Don't Sleep In The Subway".....

all on cassette.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

I Love Nena!
Funny, I was just talking about her to a guy at work.
I liked the German version just as much.

Love the Monkees.
Have a few CDs and tons of original albums on vinyl.
The first concert I ever went to was Micky Dolenz & Davey Jones w/Boyce & Hart.

I thought the Archies were the coolest.
They had great background singers.
I always thought they might be the same girls from Sly and the Family Stone.

I have tons of Petula Clark original vinyl (as well as Herb Alpert and Tijuana Brass)

I guess my guilty pleasure would have to be - The Carpenters.
AWSOME!!!!

Ken

Edit - I also LOVE Billie Holiday, Nina Simone, Ella Fitzgerald, and Etta James.

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I LOVE Petula Clark!!! :D

I also like The Monkees ("Pleasant Valley Sunday", "Daydream Believer", "Last Train To Clarksville")

And, like Wes, I've always liked "Yummy Yummy Yummy I've Got Love In My Tummy" and "Sugar Sugar"!!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I Love Nena!
Funny, I was just talking about her to a guy at work.
I liked the German version just as much.
99 Luftballons! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngl7U-L3YLk :lol:

And do you remember Falco's Der Kommissar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siF-kaxWR6E

Great decade the 80s!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I could care less BUT, my friends crack on me for liking Christina Aguilera. Her voice just does things to me. Her and a piano, forget it!

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

Hot Child in the City - Nick Gilder
My Sharona - The Knack (the solo ROCKS!!!)
Anything by the Cars
To Sir With Love - Lulu
Magnet and Steel - Walter Egan
:oops: :oops:
8)

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

:oops: :oops: :oops: "Waiting For A Star To Fall" - Boy Meets Girl. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I don't know what it is about that song - maybe it's the sax solo - crass title, tacky band name, plasticky-pop record - and yet I still sing along with it every time it comes on the radio!

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I could care less BUT, my friends crack on me for liking Christina Aguilera. Her voice just does things to me. Her and a piano, forget it!

I get that for Kylie Minogue. :lol:

I'm also guilty for listening to Ace Of Base, the Bengles, and Belinda Carlisle. And while I'm at it, Toni Basil should have been punk. :oops: :)

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 11