Clear all

Guilty Pleasures

157 Posts
52 Users
0 Likes
24 K Views
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

avril lavigne...i enjoyed her rendition of Imagine on the Instant Karma Darfur CD. i own all her cds

I'm also a huge fan of certain Kelly Clarkson (Since U Been Gone) and Ashlee Simpson (LaLa) songs.

I'm a blues/rock fan, but i have a soft spot for the whiniest emo pop songs you can think of. Dashboard Confessional? love 'em. the whinier the better.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Nobody's mentioned ABBA yet!

I'll proudly admit that I like their stuff. I've always been a sucker for harmony vocals though.

Cloudy: Afternoon Delight brings back memories I can't talk about too much in a family setting. Let's just say it involved champagne, a beautiful (to me) blonde, and her room mate and said room mate's mother walking in when we were um . . . in flagrante delicto.

:oops:

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

ok...if you guys tell anyone....I'm gonna get mad.
Alanis Morissette..most recently.

But, I was REALLY big on two shows that used to air, here in the states, back in the 70's. 1st was called The Bananna Splits. They had this song that was the coolest. (1 bananna, 2 bananna 3 bananna 4...) The other show was other show called H. R. Pufnstuf. There was this English kid running around with a magic flute and some crazy witch was always chasing them. And then there was THE BAY CITY ROLLERS SHOW.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Well...

There is a rumour that I have been heard to sing along to Mull of Kintyre.... :oops: Long time ago of course..

I can also sing just about every song ever sung on the Pre-schoolers' kid's show PlaySchool, thanks to having watched a few zillion epsides with the family. Still like the songs too. 8) If it's a song that I'm trying to learn from a songbook I'll have trouble remembering the words - but if it was sung on PlaySchool I'll never be able to forget the words...

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

There is a rumour that I have been heard to sing along to Mull of Kintyre....
I always preferred my version, entitled My Leaking Tyre :lol: :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I secretly liked the music of Nirvana, even though I was pretty much critic of them.

I should also confess that I like VengaBoys songs and Shaggy's 'In the summertime'.

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

"Turning Japanese" The Vapours

I just love that one.............................hit wonders :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

hellogoodbye - here in your arms :lol:

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member

Nobody's mentioned ABBA yet!

I'll proudly admit that I like their stuff. I've always been a sucker for harmony vocals though.

Cloudy: Afternoon Delight brings back memories I can't talk about too much in a family setting. Let's just say it involved champagne, a beautiful (to me) blonde, and her room mate and said room mate's mother walking in when we were um . . . in flagrante delicto.

:oops:

DOH....Abba...Dancing Queen....OMG....I love that song :oops:

To sir with love is a great song....

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I love ABBA. Listen to Dancing Queen everytime the mp3 players starts up...

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Most guilty, and most pleasurable:

Celtic Woman

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

+ 1 for Celtic Woman. Incredible voices. But, after listening for about 10 minutes, I say to myself - "What the heck are you listening to???" :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

+ 1 for Celtic Woman. Incredible voices. But, after listening for about 10 minutes, I say to myself - "What the heck are you listening to???" :shock:

LOL, you listen to them?

:wink:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

(Funky Cold Medina, baby!)

Hoo wee! I missed this one on the first read through! Great one...
With a stinker of a video to go with it... :)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@scrogdog)
Estimable Member

The first 45 single that I ever bought in my life was Galveston by Glen Campbell. I like that song as much today as I did back then.

I have another, though I'll be hated throughout eternity for bringing it up... because once this song enters your head it is EXTREMLY difficult to get rid of.

Ready?

Safety Dance.

Have a nice weekend! :twisted:

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 11