Clear all

Guitar Hero for ps2

40 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'm not really sure where this post should be but it makes the most sense to me to put it here

Soooo...

How many people here have either played or heard of the Guitar Hero video game for the playstation 2? If you don't know anything about this game, heres a quick breakdown:

Using a guitar shaped controller with 5 fret buttons, a strum bar, and functioning tremlo, you play songs. It's kinda hard to describe the gameplay but if you have ever watched or played the dancing games at arcades, it esentially works the same way. When a note comes on the screen, you press and hold down the corresponding button and flick the strum bar to play it.

In the career mode, you and your band progress from playing in basements to sold out shows in stadiums.

The songs you play in the game are covers of these songs(i hear you all groaning about covers,but IMHO most of them are really good with a few that are questionable)

Ace of Spades
Bark at the Moon
Cochise
Cowboys From Hell
Crossroads
Fat Lip(one of the worst covers)
Frankenstein
Godzilla
Heart Full of Black
Hey You
Higher Ground
I Love Rock and Roll
I Wanna Be Sedated
Infected
Iron Man
Killer Queen
More Than A Feeling
No One Knows
Sharp Dressed Man
Smoke on the Water
Spanish Castle Magic
Stellar
Symphony of Destruction
Take It Off
Take Me Out
Texas Flood
Thunderkiss 65
Unsung
You Got Another Thing Comin
Ziggy Stardust
Also there are unlockable indy tracks.

Heres a link to games actual site
http://www.guitarherogame.com/gameplay.asp

I really have fun playing the game and it is easily one of my favorite videogames. It isn't a game just for kids, because well even my parents like to play it(which can't be said for any other game i own).There is definitely a sense of satisfaction when you ace the solo in bark at the moon on the expert difficulty. Also it is a game that you should try before you buy, five minutes of playing it at BestBuy was more than enough for me to get hooked.

And before any body says anything, i like playing a real guitar way more than Guitar Hero :)

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

(@ginger)
Reputable Member

I've heard of that game. Saw a guy buy one in game store awhile back. But I have never played it yet

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

There was a discussion on it awhile back:
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=23379&highlight=game

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

I have it an dmy 7 year old loves it, it's great to hear him and his sister singing 'Iron Man' or 'Smoke on the Water' while they get dressed, plus it made him pick up his 'real' guitar for the first time in months so I could teach him a 1 string version of the smoke riff :D

ReplyQuote
(@tre-billie-mike)
Trusted Member

I have Guitar Hero and it rules, ive only had it a week and i've completed easy (in about 2-3 hours) and i'm halfway through medium it's really cool it's also helping me with my real guitar skills :D anyway all in all i give it an 11/10 8)

...It's Somthing unpredictable, But in the end is right, I hope you have the time of your life...

----I Am The American Idiot---- <-------You have been warned

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

I like the fact that all of us can play Guitar Hero, but correctly, and with a real guitar :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@tre-billie-mike)
Trusted Member

that is true 8) well spotted :D

...It's Somthing unpredictable, But in the end is right, I hope you have the time of your life...

ReplyQuote
(@total-13)
Trusted Member

my girlfriend bought this, it's an awesome game! were hooked on it and it often comes out when we have gatherings

i'm up to expert level now! no one will play against me though which is a bit rubbish cus they know i'll win!

Epiphone LP Standard trn blue ltd edition
fender squire strat (heavily modified and re painted with WOA festival logo)
Trace Elliot Super Tramp Valve 100 Combo
digtech RP3.

ReplyQuote
(@hawkfoggy)
Estimable Member

I have Guitar Hero and it rules, ive only had it a week and i've completed easy (in about 2-3 hours) and i'm halfway through medium it's really cool it's also helping me with my real guitar skills :D anyway all in all i give it an 11/10 8) i'm sorry but i realy don't think that this will help your guitar skills. i some of the songs and their sure as heck more than 5 frets. i mean i can see how it could be helping your fingers...range of stretch

"I'm as free as a bird now. And this bird you can not change" Free Bird, By: Lynyrd Skynyrd
GIT SNAKE BIT!!!
stay safe

ReplyQuote
(@tre-billie-mike)
Trusted Member

I have Guitar Hero and it rules, ive only had it a week and i've completed easy (in about 2-3 hours) and i'm halfway through medium it's really cool it's also helping me with my real guitar skills :D anyway all in all i give it an 11/10 8) i'm sorry but i realy don't think that this will help your guitar skills. i some of the songs and their sure as heck more than 5 frets. i mean i can see how it could be helping your fingers...range of stretch

well thats what i sort of mean it's helping me with changing where the fingers have to be because some of the changes are quite fast and on the real guitar some are faster/same speed so that's basically what i mean 8)

ReplyQuote
(@hawkfoggy)
Estimable Member

you know their coming out with with a second one. i'm not going to get it because they even admitted theres no Led,AC/DC,Scorpians(I think), and all the other classics. SUCKISH. anyway GIT SNAKE BIT

"I'm as free as a bird now. And this bird you can not change" Free Bird, By: Lynyrd Skynyrd
GIT SNAKE BIT!!!
stay safe

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I'm going to get it just because everyone I've talked to likes it.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@hawkfoggy)
Estimable Member

I'm going to get it just because everyone I've talked to likes it. do you even have a PS2?

GIT SNAKE BIT!!!
stay safe

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

yeah. My previous hobby was Video Games. I admined a board and wrote reviews.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Well, quite frankly, its not going to help your guitar playing skills in any way. I mean, maybe if it used strings or something...Or, came with some cool extras like a drum machine or metronome or play along band or something...

I bet in the time it takes to beat the thing on master or whatever, you could have already got a couple of those songs dialed on an actuall guitar. And, doing that is much cooler than being able to say that you can really kick butt in Guitar Hero. That said, it would probably be a nice way to introduce your little ones to the instrument as noted earlier. And, I guess if a guitarist is going to play a video game, it might as well be that one.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3