Notifications
Clear all

Guitar Hero for ps2

40 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
(@decieved)
Trusted Member

i absolutely SUCK at guitar hero. i remember completely blanking out during smoke on the water

ReplyQuote
(@lunchmeat)
Estimable Member

It's awesome, as long as you remember that it's just a game, nothing more.

why expect it to be more than it is? It's a rhythm game with a guitar controller. It's not a substitute for playing guitar and it wasn't meant to be.

Get past that, and it can be pretty cool sometimes. It's a game.

-lunchmeat

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

it looks like fun but, as a former seriously "over the top" gamer i can honstly say this wouldn't hold my interest for very long.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Lunchmeat: yeah, it's a game, but a pretty shallow one. if you remove the fancy graphics and background music it's just an old arcade classic. You can't even influence the song that much, except for 'bum notes'. There is no creativity or originality involved, just 'press that button' in various tempo's. I've played tons of games in the past but I just don't get this one, even when I don't compare it with the the real deal. Don't forget this basically costs as much as a '51, and IMHO it don't seem like you're really getting that much for your money.

And yeah, I know it's all about taste blabla. Doesn't mean I wouldn;t like to understand what the cool part about this is. :D

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

To understand this you would have to look into the gamer psyche, which is something that is best left unexamined.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I finally got to play Guitar Hero during the holiday season and wasn't impressed myself. I just couldn't get into playing the game. I kept messing up worse then when I actually play guitar. I wanted to smash that guitar controller.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member

I have both the GH1 and GH2 versions of this game. I don't normally play video games but enjoy this as relaxation - it hasn't helped my guitar playing at all but has provided me with a couple of hours diversion at the week-ends. Having said that the extras on GH1 provide a behind the scenes look at the recording of the music for the game and some of those guys are real guitar heroes.

Enjoyable fun but not as enjoyable as bashing out a tune on my own guitar in my own limited way

Bob :wink:

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

ReplyQuote
(@chris_skilton)
Trusted Member

2 years back i ws hoked n video games and liked the eye toy game a whole lot.... ecenly though i have started to play my guitar so much more and when guitar hero came out i wasnt bothered. But recently i have heard a ixed view for the guitar hero game good and bad..... but i personally dont want the game but i know a lot of people who do. I suppose it wouldnt be bad but i cant buy it at the moment because i have inherited a lot of money and i wanna put a gand of it into my bank and use the other bit of the money to buy a new real guitar. lol :D

Woot Woot!!

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Well, my daughters b-day was this last weekend and she wanted to have a Guitar Hero birthday party. Being the horribly overindulgent parent that I am, I went to 4 different stores before finally finding the game, plopped down my $80 and brought it home.

Set it up, wouldn't run in her ps2, so Dad takes the cover off, adjusts the laser, tries it, adjusts you get the picture until I finally get the laser right to work with it.

Some pretty good songs graphics aren't bad, daughter likes it so all is good. Then she wants me to play it with her, okay cool, a bit of bonding before teenage hormones cause her to think I am the worst human on the planet.

Now as some of you may have guessed I am a bit of a Stones fan, so when I see one of the tunes included is "Can't you hear me knockin" I figured I got this aced. WRONG!!! you would have thought I never heard the song before, a song I have played on a REAL guitar for 20 years. Now, my daughter thought this was the funniest thing she had ever seen, snorted pop through her nose laughing at dad fumbling through a stones tune. Ah well.

I did find upon further investigation something that is kind of cool about this game. Not only can you play guitar you can play bass as well. When you play bass, at least in the practice mode you get a drum track, some keys and a bare bones rhythm guitar track to play along with. So, if I wanted a backing track for a song included in the game I can connect from my surround sound to my pc and record the track and sue it for a backing track. I'm gonna work more on this and get it down.

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

My 9 year old son got GH2 for Christmas. He spends a lot of time playing his PS2 so my wife made a deal with him. Before he plays any video games, he has to practice his guitar for 30 min.

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

My 9 year old son got GH2 for Christmas. He spends a lot of time playing his PS2 so my wife made a deal with him. Before he plays any video games, he has to practice his guitar for 30 min.
Good idea, I use a different approach to practice, I threaten to make my daughter take accordian lessons if she doesn't practice her sax and keyboards for at least an hour a day without me having to tell her to

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3