Guitar names!!

10 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
20.5 K Views
(@purrchi)
Topic starter  

Hi, everyone. :)

I thinkis its about time that my guitars get a beutiful names, ! I got a stratocaster (Aged cherry burst, MN) and a Taylor Big Baby.

Would you PLEASE help me brainstorm?! It could be as serious or non-serious as you like! I mean gearmanndudes "sissy" or "bloody mary" is like just.. perfect, haha!

Thanks guys, lets brainstorm!

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hi, everyone. :)

I thinkis its about time that my guitars get a beutiful names, ! I got a stratocaster (Aged cherry burst, MN) and a Taylor Big Baby.

Would you PLEASE help me brainstorm?! It could be as serious or non-serious as you like! I mean gearmanndudes "sissy" or "bloody mary" is like just.. perfect, haha!

Thanks guys, lets brainstorm!

Mine told me what their names were. Yours haven't???? :shock:

Ivory, Crystal, Nicotine, Juanita, Twiggy, Snow, Mini-me, and Tarnation all think you might not be bonding properly with them. :wink: :note1: :note2: :note2: :note1:

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@hobson)
Noble Member

If you name them, it's too hard to give them up. I've never named any of my guitars. A friend named one of them for me. He calls her Elsie. That's my Gibson LC-1.

Renee

ReplyQuote
(@chrisc)
Eminent Member

I considered calling my guitar Maude, because, well, it's not quite as sexy as B.B. King's Lucille. Please don't tell her I said that, tho....

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

My travel guitar is called Woody. (And he kills fascists.)

My other guitar hasn't got a name. (And it's the one I've had longest, the one I play most and play out.) Somehow, it would be weird to name it- like naming a part of my body. (I know, some do. But it's weird.) It's just my guitar. MY guitar. My GUITAR.

It's probably odd that the guitar doesn't have a name, since I do have sort of a weird habit of naming things. (the coffee machine is called Russell.)

But somehow the guitar is nameless.

I say, if nothing comes to mind, don't name it. Maybe it's just the platonic ideal of your guitar.

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I think my guitar has a name for me! especially when I play very poorly.
thank goodness I am always forgiven when I open the case the next time.
it seems pleased to see me. and I it.
I really don't name my guitars with formal names. I have names for them, like straty, teley, lap one, Ricky lap ( lap steels).

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@imalone)
Reputable Member

It's also a good luck thing. It was stolen one time and it came back It's kind of a lucky charm; the guitar is a part of me. BB King might have several Lucilles, but I've only got the one Strat. I don't even call it a woman's name. It's what it is. I still play it every day, I just love playing it. - Rory Gallagher
http://www.roryon.com/spotlight.html (warning, seriously bad web design...)

I don't really name things, except my computers which have to have them, so I have Prometheus and Atlas. If you wanted a classical theme then Eurydice might be appropriate (final 'e' is not silent) or the patron saint of music, Cecilia. Don't think that's what you're after though.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Mine are called "The Tele," "The Squier Tele" and "The Acoustic." Easy to remember which is which that way.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Another forum member (CitizenNoir) named the last guitar I bought. It is a Strat like the Clapton's Brownie. He called it Layla.

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Names for guitars are good, IMO. I use them for favourites. Sometimes they work or just fit, and sometimes they don't. :shock:

I'd call the Strat Zippo, Torch or Monterey... and then there's the Taylor, I just see it as a Big Baby! :lol:

My most recent are "Spider" for a custom Tele, from Split Rock Guitars; "Dr. Pepper" for my Candy Cola Tele, but I think she will eventually be "Rosie" 'cause I'm so fond of her (just built, with parts) from a lot of places, so there's nicknames? :oops:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote