Clear all

Guitar quotes

31 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. … I don't know what will go first—Rock and Roll or Christianity. We're more popular than Jesus now. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me." - Lennon.

Ahh yes, John Lennon.. The great theologian. :lol:

I like this one.

"... Just as Jesus created wine from water, we humans are capable on transmuting emotion into music..." Carlos Santana

So true..

Later edited after reading
Lennon was commenting on what he saw as a change in the youth culture and a loss of influence from the church.

Ahh.. Context.. ALWAYS helps.. Thank you Musenfreund. That makes more sense.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

I don't understand why some people will only accept a guitar if it has an instantly recognizable guitar sound. Finding ways to use the same guitar people have been using for 50 years to make sounds that no one has heard before is truly what gets me off.
Jeff Beck

The greatest guitar player in the world today for me is Paco de Lucia, who is actually Spanish.
George Benson

I'm going through a divorce now. This is the second one, and like baseball, I'm not gonna get three strikes. I've been living by myself for five years and I'm very comfortable. I can play my guitar when I want to.
Buddy Guy

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

After this record, I think there's going to be nowhere else for me except to go experiment. which sounds bad - you always wind up with a Neil Young techno album or something...
Dan Sartain

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

"My technique is laughable at times. I have developed a style of my own, I suppose, which creeps around [...] I don't have to have too much technique for it. I've developed the parts of my technique that are useful to me. I'll never be a very fast guitar player. I don't really know what to say about my style. There's always a melodic intent in there."

- David Glimour

"If you give a man a Les Paul guitar, he doesn't become Eric Clapton. If you give a man an amp and a synthesizer, he doesn't become whoever. He doesn't become us."

- Roger Waters

(i wonder that till now , there was no talk of the great pink floyd guys , but now they are here :D )

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

I love that Gilmour phrase, well done for posting it.

"melodic intent".

so true of his style - can make a few notes goa long way. And still doing it too!

Nice post Rahul, thanks

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

"Nothing is more beautiful than a guitar, save perhaps two.”
Fredric Chopin

“The guitar is a wonderful instrument which is understood by few.”
Franz Schubert

"My guitar is not a thing. It is an extension of myself. It is who i am.”
Joan Jett

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@graycee_grey)
Eminent Member

"When I found the guitar, I refused to take lessons. This was my real emotional release, and I didn't want to be taught how to approach the instrument."
Eddie Van Halen

What can I say, after all of these years, Eddie still rox! :D

"Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

“I stone got crazy when I saw somebody run down them strings with a bottleneck. My eyes lit up like a Christmas tree and I said that I had to learn.”

Muddy Waters

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I agree with Muddy there!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Agree with Muddy, disagree with Eddy. :D

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

"Playing guitar is hard. You have to make sure both hands are in sync and working together. I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous." - Me

"People who quote thems are so lame." - Me

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I think one of my favorite quotes from rock n' roll is:

"Rock n' roll ain't noise pollution, Rock n' roll is just rock n' roll" - AC/DC

Really, how can you argue with that?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Rober Fripp on encouraging his students: " I've thrown both my shoes at a Guitar Craft student
performing in a rough -------- bar in West Virginia. He was a Los Angeles Attorney and it was so much performed in his sleep that I threw both of my shoes at him consecutively. So he looked up at me, took off his shoes and threw them back. You might say 'So at Guitar Craft Seminars you throw your shoes at students who perform?" and I say, 'Yes- and peanuts and soft fruit...' And sometimes I even put out bowls of soft fruit in case the audience wish to throw it...' from 'Talking Guitars' by David Mead

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Interviewer: How much do you practice?
Andres Segovia: As much as I need to.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Not really a guitar quote, but definitely applicable .......

Someone once called Jack Nicklaus the luckiest golfer alive, to which the great man replied:

"Yes, and isn't it strange - the more I practise, the luckier I get......"

Now that's a great attitude.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3