Clear all

Guitar Shopping:: COMPLETED BOUGHT ONE

16 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Im soon going to be going to that huge music shop in manchester. Can't remember the name of it for the life of me. But i've heard that they match any price you find online or in any other shops (except for second hand, they're not gonna give you a new guitar that cheap).

Firstly im looking for a new Electric Acoustic in the price range of £200 - £250. And was wondering what reccomendations you have.

Also in a few months ill be looking to buy a new electric and quite fancy a Yamaha Pacifica or strat. Opinions on these and wether a squire strat is good enough or would i be better to wait and save for a real fender.

Thanks guys

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229
Fender STD American Telecaster (Cola Red) - £849
Vox 15watt AMP (Valve pre amp) - £129
Acoustic/Electric Rhythm and Lead (Occasionally) Southport Elim Youth Band
Former Aftershock 24/7 Rhythm Guitarist (Band split)

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

don't limit yourself to just acoustics with electrics already built in. it's pretty easy to install a piezo pickup or soundhole pickup, so if you're unsatisfied with the electro/acoustics, look at the acoustics as well.
make sure it feels good, sounds good, has a straight neck, and is solid wood. imo, laminates don't sound as good.

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Firstly im looking for a new Electric Acoustic in the price range of £200 - £250. And was wondering what reccomendations you have.

Washburn D10-SCE if you can find it, it may be just a bit higher, but it's awesome!! Got a built in tuner and everything. I used to have one until I got my Ibanez. But for the price the Washburn is wonderful, and I think that model even won some awards.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'll make a note of that and check it out. I'm slightly worried about the cost of an acoustic and then a pickup and jack and stuff, and i'd probably install it wrong. But if i cant find a satisfactory "Electrostick" then ill bear that in mind thanks.

I agree totally on the solid wood point too.

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Ivanez EW series gets my vote for this price range.

For strat-like, check out the Tokai guitars. £140 or so and great quality for the price. Curlys in Liverpool sell them. I'd be inclined to go with that or save for a Mex Strat, but in this price range it's def a case pf try before you buy - you might find a gem that way, or end up with a lemon if you don't test it first.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'm in uni at the moment but i have a huge break coming up. Might walk down to curlys and the other music shops to check out prices. Then i'll test when i go a shopping tomorrow. I'll let you know what i go with for the trip tomorrow. Its just a trip for the acoustic tomorrow and then electric nearer christmas. But if i find a place with mega deals on i'll keep you posted.

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229

ReplyQuote
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Update on the shopping trip.

IT WAS SUCCESSFUL!

I tried that Washburn and was really impressed with it. Solid wood and a fishman pick up. Nice tone, slightly to top end tone for me though. But that was the one i was going to buy until i browsed guitars of a similar price, tried a few more washburns, a few yamaha's and some others. Then i picked up a Takamine G series, priced at £229, thats a massive £121 off the actual price because there re-vamping the model by changing the body. So these were going real cheap. I was extremely impressed with this Takamine, really rounded sound, nice low action, its strung with 11's but feels like i'm playing on 9's or 10's for some reason :? Nice strong, good pickup, Takamine own pick up but its as good as the fishman on the washburn and the one on the ibanez i have been using. I'm really happy with my purchase. Nice charcoal Grey colour. Got a solid case, leather strap, brilliant lead, guitar stand and 6 plectrums thrown in for an extra £100 aswell, bargain. Total saving including discounted guitar about £200 :D Happy Happy Happy!

Sorry about the Thomas the Tank Engine wall paper. My room hasn't been redecorated since i was two, so its been 17 years since its been decorated!

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Very nice!!! Hope you enjoy many years of playing it!

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Wattsie,

Nice guitar but I hope you still have the matching sheets and pillow cases for that wall paper.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hahaha. As you can see in the reflection in the guitar, because its so shiny and new i'm afraid i dont. I wish i did though. My life would be complete then.

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Nice new guitar! It's a winner, so are you.

And keep the wallpaper, I like it too! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

He He. Sadly i cant keep the wallpaper as i am moving rooms soon. Into my older brothers room. My nan sadly passed away recently and he is taking her room.

I finally get a room of my own though.

I'll get round to recording off this guitar soon so you can all hear how awesome it is.

Also, i'm ver impressed with the Bose L1 sysytem that i played through at the shop. And also the acoustic amp was really good too. But i want a bose system, sadly im a student and cant afford it :(

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Cool guitar! Enjoy! :D

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice looking guitar, enjoy! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

What guitar?

All I see is cool wallpaper!

Just kidding...That looks like a really pretty guitar. I hope you have many years of enjoyment with it. :note1: :note2:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2