Clear all

Guitar Stores in Denver-Colorado Springs

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I am going to be in Denver toward the end of May, and was wondering if anyone knows of any good guitar stores in the Denver-Colorado Springs area. I know that there are GC stores out there, but I am looking more for smaller, locally owned stores. My wife will be in a conference for a couple of days, so I am going to have some time to kill during the day.

Thanks,
Jim

(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

I live in Colorado Springs. If you are going to be in this city, I would suggest you check out Tejon Street Music - it has a really nice assortment of guitars, banjos, madolins, etc. Not an electric guitar store though. Also check out the Music Exchange. Both stores are downtown and are within a decent walk (8 blocks or so) from each other.

I never go to Denver for music stores, so I can't help you there.

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Great, thanks CFB!

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

In the Denver Area there is the Pickin Palour in Old Town Arvada if you are looking for acoustics, they have everything from cigar box guitars to $30,000 pre- WW2 Martins. http://www.picknparlor.com

For Electrics THE place is Drum City-Guitar Land. It's where the touring Pros shop when in town. Not unusual to find them closed when a name act is in town because they are shopping there.

here's a link for them http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=97980075

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@skunk)

Several good local stores in the Denver area:

-Olde Towne Picking Parlor in Arvada, previously mentioned, is great.

-I'd also highly recommend, for high-quality acoustic instruments, visiting HB Woodsongs in Boulder and/or the Denver Folklore Center in Denver.

For a small but knowledgeable shop with an interesting selection of exceptional boutique amplifiers and electric guitars, the Boulder Guitar Cellar on the Hill in Boulder.

Finally, if you need expert repairs or modificiations or want to commission a truly world-class custom guitar, I can't recommend strongly enough a visit to the Colfax Guitar Shop on colorful East Colfax in Denver: www.colfaxguitarshop.com. When the Drive-By Truckers came through town recently, the shop's proprietor, luthier Scott Baxendale, and his son joined them on stage for an encore!

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Cool, thanks skunk. I'll have to check them out. Looking mainly for electric, but not opposed to looking at some acoustics.

Jim

ReplyQuote