5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@power-chord)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

tell me what u think about these guys sorry if its a long list

the past)
first its randy rhoads, tony iommi, joe walsh, cc.deville, jake e lee, slash, stevie ray vaughn, richie Sambora,

Today
(1st its John5, Mark tremonti, Dan Spitze
i will stop there

list a few of ur favs

Lifes been Good To Me So Far

RANDY RHOADS 1956- 1982
DIME- 1966-2004

(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

1. Peter Green
2. Duane Allman
3. Jimi Hendrix

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Check out this thread Power Chord - http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=25030

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@derecola)
Trusted Member

1.S.R.V.
2.JIMMEY PAGE
3.SANTAN
4.JOHN LENNON

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

When it comes down to influences, I would imagine most guitarists were influenced - directly or indirectly - by Chuck Berry. Amongst the people who cited him as influential were The Beatles, The Stones, The Who - and anyone who ever learned to play guitar in the 60's or 70's was probably influenced by one of those bands!

You could probably trace it back further than that, and cite the blues guitarists who influenced Chuck - but for me, he was the first bona-fide rock'n'roll guitarist.......

As a songwriter, I'd say my main influences were The Beatles, Dylan, The Stones and John Fogerty.....although I got a real kick out of being compared to Ray Davies a couple of times on the SSG!

Subconsciously, we're probably influenced by what we listen to the most....and even deeper in our sub-conscious, we're probably influenced by everything we've ever heard......

(Oh, and as a huge Status Quo fan, I got another big kick out of people comparing my mp3's to the Quo - that brought a huge smile to my face! - but Quo are another band who were influenced by Chuck - the three-chord blues shuffle done in a rock style.....)

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote