Clear all

Had a show last night and need to rant

20 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yea, we're not going to break the band up over it. I'm just going to talk to him mano y mano next time we get together and let him know it doesn't need to happen like that again.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Bands are like any other relationship maybe more dysfunctional than most but no matter what your going to have disagreements/fights 99% of the time they'll just blow over the other 1% call for change. I can't imagine breaking up over this one incident.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

How did this pan out in the end? Is it all sorted now or has it happened again since?

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Moonriders' right...dead on right. And it was a sort of lecture because he wants you to learn from it. I'd have probably punched out someone that stopped the act dead on stage. Get rid of him now...because that's not all he's going to stop. Mark my words.

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

How did this pan out in the end? Is it all sorted now or has it happened again since?

We talked and he apologized and everything is fine. At our last show, our singer asked if we needed to go over that song before we got on stage :).

After all this went down, we actually found out guitarist is moving across the country in August, so he's leaving the band anyway. I've been considering leaving for a while because it's just not what I want to keep playing. It was my only organized musical outlet for a while, but now I've got the cover band thing going, so I have other, more fun, outlets. I talked to the singer after our last show and told that I was basically not wanting to go on with the band. Our drummer is taking a break as well, so we all agreed to just take the summer off and see where we are in the fall. Our drummer knows a guitar player who is interested, so he has some of the songs and I've been providing chord charts for him. Maybe in a few months I will want to go back, maybe a different guitarist will spark a different feel. Maybe I'll just help them find a different bass player and move on. It's tough leaving a band like that. I've written lyrics and music for almost half the songs and music for a big part of the rest of them, so it may be the singer's (who founded the band) vision, but it's my music and/or words. If I do leave, I have no problem with them still performing my stuff, it's not like I'm going to go form another horror punk band and play it. But there is still an emotional attachment to the material.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2