Clear all

Headphones

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@tjk0225)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I would like a decent set of inexpensive (cheap) headphones to use for practice (mainly bass) while the wife and kids are trying to do other things in the house (homework, sleeping, etc.). I have a couple of pairs I have tried and they are less than satisfying.

The standard over the ear 'walkman' style (did I just date myself?) sound too thin. The ones I have with closed ears are wireless and they hiss to much and tend to cut out and distort with the lower bass frequencies.

Any suggestions?

Tom

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi tjk0225,

Review this thread:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30913

Maybe you can find some ideas. Sennheiser are my favorites.

ReplyQuote
(@tjk0225)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks - I did a search for headphones and didn't get that thread?!?

I'll probably just add a pair of Sennheiser's to my next order from musician.com

Tom

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Thanks - I did a search for headphones and didn't get that thread?!?

Strange... I just did a search with "headphones" as keyword and the sysytem returns an empty list. Then I did it again and I got a list... The maintainers are updating some software... I think.

Anyway, I remembered the thread :wink:

ReplyQuote
 Jay1
(@jay1)
Trusted Member

I just bought some Grado SR60's and am pretty pleased with them. For bass though i'm not so sure they'd be ideal. They have a great overall sound but aren't what I would call bassy headphones. Also they do not keep sound in or out at all, so not good for when you're sitting with someone watching TV.

I tried a coupld of pairs of senheisers, which have a much deeper bass and were closed back design. I'd be looking at those probably for bass.

ReplyQuote